Twitter: Report - DLaw declined a pay cut

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DWare declined a pay cut and got cut.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thing is with the restructures....you can only do it so many times because you run out of years to spread it over.

That's why the team wanted a longer deal with Dak.

The conundrum is created when DL is scheduled to make 17 million this year in pay, but he counts 27 million toward the cap due to the restructures.

The former is palatable, and has nothing to do with the player and his worth. He may get close to that annually, but he is going to have to go elsewhere to do it.

This is what things came down to with Ware.

Don't necessarily agree with you. We cut Ware because his cost was not equal to his health/production. It will be the same with Lawrence if we cut him. If he had put 12-14 sacks last year, I guarantee we would not have asked him for a pay cut. As much as I like the player, he has statistically not lived up to his deal.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He will get more than 9 million regardless of when he's cut so he knows he's in the drivers seat and laughing all the way to the bank.

That would be a remarkably "glass half full" outlook for a player scheduled to make 19mil.

Adreme

Reaction score
Literally ANYBODY else. These two guys gave us 9 sacks combined in 2021.

Ahhh sacks the defensive equivalent of the people who act like wins are a QB stat. Truly there is no worse stat in the NFL to measure the success of a pass rusher than sacks. It always makes me chuckle the actual top brass in the NFL realize this but yet still let fans talk about sacks like they are the determining factor of the skills of a pass rusher when they have much better means to test that. There is a relationship between sacks and overall pass rushing skill but it is a 1:1 relationship and it has a great many variables that can cause bad pass rushers to have high sack totals and good ones to have low ones.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhh sacks the defensive equivalent of the people who act like wins are a QB stat. Truly there is no worse stat in the NFL to measure the success of a pass rusher than sacks. It always makes me chuckle the actual top brass in the NFL realize this but yet still let fans talk about sacks like they are the determining factor of the skills of a pass rusher when they have much better means to test that. There is a relationship between sacks and overall pass rushing skill but it is a 1:1 relationship and it has a great many variables that can cause bad pass rushers to have high sack totals and good ones to have low ones.

Keep ‘chuckling’ Chuckles. When a player doesn’t get them, their defenders attempt to minimize them. As for the ‘top brass’ you try (and fail) to speak for. Those people PAY THEM FOR SACKS. But you tell yourself whatever else you need to in order to feel better. Neither I nor anyone else cares.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Another greedy player who spent a ton of time on the injury list getting PAID. God forbid he takes a pay cut to help the team in other ways, yeah he's a real team player who will go ringless in his career.........................

Gaede

Reaction score
Another greedy player who spent a ton of time on the injury list getting PAID. God forbid he takes a pay cut to help the team in other ways, yeah he's a real team player who will go ringless in his career.........................

This is such a dumb sentiment and it amazes me ppl still think this way. Not a single one of us would volunteer money off our salaries to 'help the team', especially if we worked in an industry where our livelihood is constantly threatened by career ending injuries and the drunken whims of billionaire owners.

It's not Lawrence's fault he's overpaid, and its not his responsibility to remedy the error. It's the idiot who signs the check who's to blame and deserves your vitriol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No. I’m drafting young players with upside.
Need to draft LB, DT, TE, S, and OT as well. How do you fit DE into that? Average cost of a starting DE is about $13million. One of the most expensive positions to fill. With all the needs how does that fit in?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need to draft LB, DT, TE, S, and OT as well. How do you fit DE into that? Average cost of a starting DE is about $13million. One of the most expensive positions to fill. With all the needs how does that fit in?

I think I mentioned it already. I’m drafting the position. In a draft deep at it.

I HAVE to have pass rusher. I don’t have to have another DT or OT if I don’t have enough picks.