Report: McCarthy routinely skipped team meetings for massages

slick325

Reaction score
The BR article is extremely long but a great read. I recommend you all read it.

As for McCarthy and his massages...maybe Kanye West's line applied to him..."this week has been a bad massage, I need a happy ending and a new beginning."

Rayman70

Reaction score
The BR article is extremely long but a great read. I recommend you all read it.

As for McCarthy and his massages...maybe Kanye West's line applied to him..."this week has been a bad massage, I need a happy ending and a new beginning."
love Kanye. Don't wanna get benched so I will stop there. He's a decent dude. Don't like his music..but on a personal level, he's alright. McCarthy sounds like a control freak and a bit creepy.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will be very interesting to see how Aaron Rodgers in particular, and the Packers organization as a whole, look moving forward.

In this fans' opinion? They're the Green Bay Rodgers now, with one guy bigger than the team. And making far too much of their cap money. Now, it's just the way he wants it, it's all about him. And it's all on him too.

We are very close to that depending on what Daks deal looks like. Only the canyon difference in talent between the 2.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is getting ugly.......he may have to settle for a positional coaching job next season.

Report: Mike McCarthy routinely skipped team meetings for massages
Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2019, 12:06 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...routinely-skipped-team-meetings-for-massages/

If you believe that there are no coincidences in life, then you’ll be convinced it was no coincidence that a mostly-positive interview of Packers coach Mike McCarthy debuted at ESPN one day before Bleacher Report published a comprehensive analysis of the perennial dysfunction the Packers experienced under McCarthy and quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

It's odd for this type of thing to make it to the media.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

perrykemp

Reaction score
Interesting story. Classic story of 'What could have been' which is always a hypothetical exercise.

I am no fan of McCarthy but I don't think he was a bad coach either. I think he just got complacent over time -- like what happens to most coaches not named Belichek.

He got his team to 4 NFC Championship games, won a Superbowl. I believe the Packers have been the winningest team in the NFC for the past 10 years (or where until this past year), etc. Yes, he had the luxury of two HOF QBs leading his teams, however he deserves some of the credit as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The BR is click bait Im afraid...as far as this hit piece goes.