Report: Mike McCarthy want to keep Moore as OC, but he's considing college job **merged**

GMO415

Reaction score
MM is another offensive genius. He's calling the offense plays period.

quickccc

Reaction score
I said in other threads, Moore could learn from the right HC to become better. He needs to take this opportunity instead of going back to a college program. Home or not, he is young and can have so many other opportunities open up in the future by staying and learning.

but Kellen may want to be his own man, ..his own offense... the one totally calling the shots and totally in control on what goes on with the offense, :rolleyes:

Loso86

Reaction score
I want a fresh coaching staff, I don't want any residue from Garrett left on this team.
He wouldnt be calling the plays. It would actually help McCarthy learn the new nfl a little too I say stay

JBond

Reaction score
He is a young guy. I hope he stays and learns from a coach that has seen a lot of things and comes from an impressive coaching lineage.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I really hope Moore stays. He can learn a lot from McCarthy over the years. Yes Moore made some mistakes this year but I saw a better offense from him than I did Garrett in over 9 years.
Why do people keep saying Garrett, when it was clearly Linehan. Just as Jerry made Moore the OC and didn’t allow Garrett to call plays with his future on the line this year, Jerry hired Linehan and gave him control of the offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said in other threads, Moore could learn from the right HC to become better. He needs to take this opportunity instead of going back to a college program. Home or not, he is young and can have so many other opportunities open up in the future by staying and learning.

I agree. He's being fast-tracked in the NFL and should realize and appreciate that. If he goes back to college, people are going to ask why he left the pros should he ever look to come back.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Meh. It depends. Who does McCarthy want to bring in? Moore has a upside. He's better than some current day OC's IMO....

morasp

Reaction score
If Mike tells Jerry he wants to keep him there's a good chance we will. Jerry has a pretty good track record keeping people he wants.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Moore was not the problem this year.

He could have called some better games in big moments -- but as a first year OC, he was always going to take some lumps. To finish with the #1 rated offense statistically (albeit a bit hollow) is not an incidental achievement. He is well thought of around the league and clearly has the chops to perform at this level-- even under a dysfunctional HC/FO without much support from a defense, or getting anything from the STs unit.

Not sure why everyone seems to want to run the guy off-- I hope he stays and is groomed by MM. He could be a really great OC for us next year.

leeblair

Reaction score
I think it's funny how you guys all assume that Kellen Moore would be just a student under McCarthy.
Moore got where he's at because of his own knowledge.
I think he and McCarthy would work great together and share insights.
I don't think he should go back to the college level unless it's at Head Coach.
As we all know, being with the Dallas Cowboys is worth a lot on your resume.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere.. thats two wildly different jobs that don't make sense on any level. If he goes he is defiantly not ready. That would speak volumes to the decision making of our Cowboys..

Aven8

Reaction score
I think it's funny how you guys all assume that Kellen Moore would be just a student under McCarthy.
Moore got where he's at because of his own knowledge.
I think he and McCarthy would work great together and share insights.
I don't think he should go back to the college level unless it's at Head Coach.
As we all know, being with the Dallas Cowboys is worth a lot on your resume.

Being with the Dallas Cowboys not tied to JG has a lot of worth on your resume. ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. He's being fast-tracked in the NFL and should realize and appreciate that. If he goes back to college, people are going to ask why he left the pros should he ever look to come back.
If things go well the next few years, he will be pretty hot property. Perhaps even stay with the Cowboys after Big Mike leaves.