Rest Everyone Next Week!

lockster

Reaction score
Hey, this is off subject just a little, but who got cut when we signed Crockett?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1853347 said:
The "rust" issue is a non-issue to be honest.
It's an issue. No coach is about to let his players go three full weeks without game action.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see MBIII get 19 yards to reach 1,000 yard milestone, which he can easily get in first quarter.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1853336 said:
I'd let Barber get his 1000th and rest him.
That's a great sentiment, Hos. Nobody deserves it better than Marion. I remember Julius had a chance for 1000 in his second year. We lost to St Louis, but we didn't even try to get him the milestone. He was a few yards short with a lot of time left in the game. I was POed and I bet Julius was too.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
do we even need to show up? can't we just call the commish and concede the win?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
David276;1853794 said:
screw that we need to go into the play offs rolling not resting everyone

Hard to roll when you have a flat tire.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Remember 1996? Wade Wilson and Sherman Williams started the final game of the year, versus the Commanders, and were awful.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Rest everyone who needs to be rested. Play the others for 1 qtr maybe a half and get them out. This game has little meaning besides the rivalry anyway. 14-2 would great, but 13-3 with no injuries going into the dance WILL be better.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1853835 said:
Remember 1996? Wade Wilson and Sherman Williams started the final game of the year, versus the Commanders, and were awful.

Wasn't that the last game in RFK and the Commanders acted like they won the Super Bowl?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I say give the starting unit three drives and turn it over to the backups...especially so, if Glenn returns he will need the work with Romo.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Bach;1853850 said:
Wasn't that the last game in RFK and the Commanders acted like they won the Super Bowl?

Yeah, Brian Mitchell said "they thought they could beat us with their second team." Sort of a 1996 version of "they didn't respect us" line.

One of my Commander fan co-workers actually taped the sports page of the newspaper to my office door, thinking the game was a big win for the Skins.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
I would have to agree with some of the posters here, let the starters play a half and then give them the rest of the game off... Terry Glenn really needs to see some game action though

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bach;1853850 said:
And it'll be the same way this week for them... You know it will. :laugh2: