Review 1tech DTs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree, but he is the type who takes the D to another level.
Frederick was the same. 2014 is when the line dominated. However it was 2013 and the addition of Frederick where we saw the bad lines of 2010-2012 become good. A GB DL late in the season even said we might be the ZB team in football

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Frederick was the same. 2014 is when the line dominated. However it was 2013 and the addition of Frederick where we saw the bad lines of 2010-2012 become good. A GB DL late in the season even said we might be the ZB team in football
I know we need a future DE, LB, but I think this is the missing piece for our Defense ti become elite

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don’t quite see Jones anywhere near the same level as Chris Jone. But if there are teams that see that kind of player he probably goes before Davis.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know we need a future DE, LB, but I think this is the missing piece for our Defense ti become elite
When Osa, Gallimore, and Hill were active they played a roundabout 30 snaps a game. And thats with giving snaps to Watkins, Urban and Bohanna too. Quinn showed alot of different fronts last year. Both Hill and Gallimore spent time rushing from a 1T and 3T position. I think that ability is critical to Quinns scheme, but both only have some of the traits to do it. Getting a DT thats more capable to do that would be big. Guys like Jones and Mathis seem to really fit that bill. And Jones as a run down 1T makes Bohanna expendable

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do one for Noah Elliss.

Thanks.
Noah Elliss looks good but the level of competition makes it difficult to evaluate.
- He often Bull-rushes OLinemen straight back to the QB.
- On other snaps gets blocked by 1 OL.
- Not sure if it's fatigue or what prevented him from dominating on all downs vs that level of competition.
- Surprising ability to cross the face of OLinemen and shoot the gap.

There have been some misleading small school DTs in past drafts.
- i.e. Looked completely dominant but didn't do much in the NFL.
- Ken Bishop was incredible in college but didn't last long with the Cowboys.

I would guess 7th or UDFA.

Noah Elliss
College: Idaho
Number: 99
Height: 6042
Weight: 346
Hand: 10 3/8
Arm: 32 1/4
Wingspan: 78 3/8
40 Yard Dash (ET): 5.62
40 Yard Dash (HH): 5.62
20 Yard (ET): 3.13
20 Yard (HH): 3.06
10 Yard (ET): 1.85
10 Yard (HH): 1.85
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridgeway needs a lot of work on technique and offensive scheme awareness.

Georgia schemed against him and it worked.

Having said that, it's a compliment that a team like Georgia would respect him enough to scheme against him.

The Realist

Reaction score
On a positive note they are at least willing to address 1T in the draft. Also they showed interest in Davis and Jones. If Ridgeway becomes nothing more than backup we can draft a better starting 1T in draft. Find the next Travis Jones.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a positive note they are at least willing to address 1T in the draft. Also they showed interest in Davis and Jones. If Ridgeway becomes nothing more than backup we can draft a better starting 1T in draft. Find the next Travis Jones.

They addressed it with their fourth 5th round pick.

I wouldn't say they made it much of a priority.

Plankton

Reaction score

And, with their last fifth round pick of four. They even took an injured player ahead of the 1T.

The Realist

Reaction score

You used the word priority. Obviously we had some positions that were higher priorities than other. Davis was a 30 visit and Quinn worked out Jones. If anyone thought LG, DE, WR and TE weren’t top priorities they weren’t paying attention. Also, teams need to be able to gauge market demand and where they may be able to get a player. They had 4th round grades on the players they took in the 5th, but they picked in an order where they would be able to get all of them. Some people had Ridgeway in the 3rd.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I refer to Broaddus as 'opposite guy'.

Believe the opposite of that he says.

He's fun to listen to. I consider what he says sometimes. He's not totally stupid. Just hasn't been the most accurate.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Strange thing here. One thing that reading this thread made me go do was go watch tape on Jordan Davis.

I keep looking at Nakobe Dean, and I keep telling myself.. Good thing nobody risked a 1st or 2nd on him, because doesn't matter which round he went, that dude is a bust...

kskboys

Reaction score
Strange thing here. One thing that reading this thread made me go do was go watch tape on Jordan Davis.

I keep looking at Nakobe Dean, and I keep telling myself.. Good thing nobody risked a 1st or 2nd on him, because doesn't matter which round he went, that dude is a bust...
I never understood the hoopla about Dean. Looks like mid round talent to me.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I never understood the hoopla about Dean. Looks like mid round talent to me.

He played on a defense that made him look better than he is in a scheme that catered to his abilities, which is reading plays. I think the Eagles are in for a surprise. His lack of athleticism will get him exposed. That's the main reason he didn't participate at the combine. He was on the draft show, etcetera, trying to boost his draft stock. Because, to players, that's money. Each round, each pick that goes by, means less money.

He didn't fall. His draft stock was inflated by his teammates, and the media.

kskboys

Reaction score
He played on a defense that made him look better than he is in a scheme that catered to his abilities, which is reading plays. I think the Eagles are in for a surprise. His lack of athleticism will get him exposed. That's the main reason he didn't participate at the combine. He was on the draft show, etcetera, trying to boost his draft stock. Because, to players, that's money. Each round, each pick that goes by, means less money.

He didn't fall. His draft stock was inflated by his teammates, and the media.
He kinda reminds me of Hitchens.