Review: Pollard vs Giants

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
How did the Waterboys do??
The waterboys performance is proof the Jones boys don’t know what they’re doing. They think Gatorade is better since you can't get a water sponsorship. So they bring in and get attached to JAGs. Also could be Marinelli’s fault.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Giants were still trying to play the game of stop the run and force Dak to win the game.

I think we will begin to see the last of that defensive game plan as this season wears on. The WR corps is too good for them to rely on that.

But to your point. Pollard is a rookie, and he needs to get up to speed with this game. It's not preseason any longer.

Dak is too good for them to rely on that.

J-man

Reaction score
Hmmm....just a thought, and maybe I'm way off base here but I wonder...near the end of camp and during game week practices with Zeke still holding out and the possibility of the team needing Dak to throw them to victory...
Did they focus on passing plays and not practice running plays as much? The line and Dak seemed spot on in their protections and execution on pass plays, but not so much in the running game.

kskboys

Reaction score
As spoken by someone that did NOT review the game...

Watching in real time from across the room while pounding some brews and yapping with buddies or the wife does not result in relevant opinions...
The yapping w/ buddies is not quite the same as yapping the wife, tho I've never heard it called that!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The yapping w/ buddies is not quite the same as yapping the wife, tho I've never heard it called that!!!!

Most dudes either watch with their buddies or with their wife or wife & kids running around the house.

Most are pounding some type of alcohol.

Regardless of the specifics, without reviewing the game footage, opinions have minimal value with regards to details.

I pause and review during commercials but with the unknown outcome and emotion of whether the game will be a win or loss, it's still often different on review than what I remembered with regards to details.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
As spoken by someone that did NOT review the game...

Watching in real time from across the room while pounding some brews and yapping with buddies or the wife does not result in relevant opinions...

You didn't note Pollard breaking any tackles or creating any extra yards either, so I think we are in agreement there.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn't note Pollard breaking any tackles or creating any extra yards either, so I think we are in agreement there.
No, there was only 1 play where Pollard when down at about the point of first contact.

That was an outside run left where the LB Connelly shot through untouched and up-ended Pollard by taking his feet out. I'm not sure if Pollard could even see him from that angle and with the positioning of the blockers moving to the left.

If I said initial contact 2 yards in the backfield and Pollard gained 2 yards on the play then he gained 4 yards after first contact.