Reviving An Old Thread Game... Song Titles

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3977351 said:
Something in the Night - Springsteen

Come on guys - picking out words like "the" and "on" and "in" is contrary to the idea of the thread. The words to key on should be the key words in the title, not the small words that are in a billion song titles.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Stautner;3977358 said:
Come on guys - picking out words like "the" and "on" and "in" is contrary to the idea of the thread. The words to key on should be the key words in the title, not the small words that are in a billion song titles.

wow, a little picky aren't we? I'm proud to say that I haven't repeated a song yet. Also, if you haven't noticed, today I'm using only Springsteen songs. That's a little harder than what you want me to do. Relax man, it's just a time-waster.

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3977393 said:
wow, a little picky aren't we? I'm proud to say that I haven't repeated a song yet. Also, if you haven't noticed, today I'm using only Springsteen songs. That's a little harder than what you want me to do. Relax man, it's just a time-waster.

No, not picky, because any preschool kid can come up with the next song if the only common word is "the" or "in" or "on".

The Farmer IN THE Dell. You could connect to 75% of all songs with that one.

That's simply not the idea of the thread.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Stautner;3977420 said:
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

Blah Blah Blah....go away, we're having fun....

Girls in Their Summer Clothes - Springsteen

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3977428 said:
Blah Blah Blah....go away, we're having fun....

Girls in Their Summer Clothes - Springsteen

I guess you may be if you don't want to have to think.

Yeah, i can connect that song along with another 2.3 million songs with the word "The" ...... great.

The idea is to think a little and show a little depth of knowledge and to dig out songs that others may have trouble connecting, not to go with the easiest, most mindless response. The way you are doing it just a gnats hair from being purely random.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Stautner;3977441 said:
I guess you may be if you don't want to have to think.

Yeah, i can connect that song along with another 2.3 million songs with the word "The" ...... great.

The idea is to think a little and show a little depth of knowledge and to dig out songs that others may have trouble connecting, not to go with the easiest, most mindless response. The way you are doing it just a gnats hair from being purely random.

Blah, Blah, Blah....go away, we're having fun

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Hostile;3957924 said:
I think Lane started this, but I could be wrong. I write down a song title.

The next person must come up with a song that has at least one word from that song title.

Example would be "Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash. The next person could say "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith.

Starting the thread with a theme we've all enjoyed recently...

"It's The End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M.

Nope, don't see anything about not using a, it, the, in, etc.

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3977447 said:
Blah, Blah, Blah....go away, we're having fun

Spoken like a true child who just wants to look at the pictures rather than read the book. If a group sits down to play poker they should just leave you alone if you are having fun building a house of cards, right?

Take a few minutes and go through this thread and see how it went with 95% of the posters. Look at the OP and the way the poster played it - the intent was clearly to play off the key words in title of the song, not to mindlessly pick out any random title that has the word "the" or "in" in it.

I would imagine that if you are asked to play the game where you have to make a connection to Kevin Bacon, you would say you can do it in one step. You can name any male actor on the planet and WALA! - there is the connection. Forget that the idea was to come up with a string of movies and actors that build a connection, the fact that 2 actors are both male is all the connection you need.

That's exactly how you are going against the spirit of this thread. Rather than using your head and playing the game, you are just pulling out random crap that has no connection to the uniqueness of the title you are supposed to be playing off of.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Stautner;3977484 said:
Spoken like a true child who just wants to look at the pictures rather than read the book. If a group sits down to play poker they should just leave you alone if you are having fun building a house of cards, right?

Take a few minutes and go through this thread and see how it went with 95% of the posters. Look at the OP and the way the poster played it - the intent was clearly to play off the key words in title of the song, not to mindlessly pick out any random title that has the word "the" or "in" in it.

I would imagine that if you are asked to play the game where you have to make a connection to Kevin Bacon, you would say you can do it in one step. You can name any male actor on the planet and WALA! - there is the connection. Forget that the idea was to come up with a string of movies and actors that build a connection, the fact that 2 actors are both male is all the connection you need.

That's exactly how you are going against the spirit of this thread. Rather than using your head and playing the game, you are just pulling out random crap that has no connection to the unique title yuo are supposed to be playing off of.

Blah, Blah, Blah.......go away, we're having fun.

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3977486 said:
Blah, Blah, Blah.......go away, we're having fun.

No, you ar hijacking the thread from the 95%+ of posters who understand the thread. You are not participating in everyone on the thread having fun, you are only interested in you throwing out random crap that doesn't require using a brain cell.

If you are doing it one way, and everyone else, inclduign the OP is doing it another, then you need to understand what is happening and how the game is played. Maybe that's too much to ask.