Rewatching cowboys and eagles and I noticed something strange

Dreams

Reaction score
When we watch football on TV is different on how the game is played in real time. These things goes through my head when watching that alot dont talk about or mention l.

Conspiracies theory's welcome home! I will only offer 2. Add more if you see fit.

My theories:
The logos on the field are good markings for a receiver to go towards and as a qb you aim towards that marking, if timed right you can just hit the markings after going through your reads.
Easy peasy.

In the last game against the eagles. There best weapon is AJ brown. He is the only player to wear bright pink/ red shoes. A great indication/ marking where he is to easily spot him as a receiver!

Have anymore? Do not refer to any refs.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently AJ Brown wears those shoes so his little kid can easily spot him on the field when she's watching the game. I imagine the players on the field don't need that assistance, but you never know.
Yep, he wears crazy ax color shoes every game. And he switches his shoes in game as well…

DallasInDC

Reaction score
When we watch football on TV is different on how the game is played in real time. These things goes through my head when watching that alot dont talk about or mention l.

Conspiracies theory's welcome home! I will only offer 2. Add more if you see fit.

My theories:
The logos on the field are good markings for a receiver to go towards and as a qb you aim towards that marking, if timed right you can just hit the markings after going through your reads.
Easy peasy.

In the last game against the eagles. There best weapon is AJ brown. He is the only player to wear bright pink/ red shoes. A great indication/ marking where he is to easily spot him as a receiver!

The QB knows exactly where the receivers are going to be...even when the play breaks down. He doesn't need on the field markings because he knows the receivers routed and exactly where they are going to make their cuts.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No. The refs helped us mightily in a big game with "odd and rare occurrences" and now y'all want to pretend it didn't happen? Oh, hells no! This game will be referenced for a good while my spicy 'spiracy crew. Deal. Lol.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I don't know if this is following topic but watching the game live is way less stressful then watching it on TV. For some reason listening to announcers and 10 replays per play and waiting for a little yellow indicator at the bottom of the TV causes much more angst then seeing it all happen live.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

My theories:
Easy peasy.

When a QB is playing with anticipation, he’s throwing to a specific yardage and a spot on the field, something he and his receivers have practiced ad nauseam. I think the only exception is the back 5 yards in the end zone and the corner of the ez. In the back 5, the QB throws the ball high so that it’s or nobody that catches it. Something similar to the corner. Don’t see the second base play as much as we used to, but we see it sometimes where the qb throws the ball low at the goal line like a catcher throwing to second base, with the intended receiver is supposed to catch it low/on his knees.

Mahomes was talking about single digit jerseys being issued to anyone now and how it makes it harder for him, but I’ll have to take his word for it. As someone else mentioned, your guys are running routes and the QB is supposed to know who’s doing what. It’s one reason all INTs are nor created equally. We often have no idea who screwed up, the QB or the receiver.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Apparently AJ Brown wears those shoes so his little kid can easily spot him on the field when she's watching the game. I imagine the players on the field don't need that assistance, but you never know.
He doesn’t need special colored shoes for that! Kid should know by now that he’s the one always *****ing and trying to start fights with DB’s and his own QB.

GMO415

Reaction score
I can hear it now.."Just go to the logo and cut right and ill hit you!"
giphy.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

My theories:
Easy peasy.

Aw, you're drunk!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

My theories:
Easy peasy.

Used to do the same thing playing streetball as a kid, run down and cut left when you get to the bumper of the Buick and I'll throw it to you. :rolleyes:

T-RO

Reaction score
Easy peasy.
Interesting theory. The trouble is that on the practice field during the week...I doubt they have the same logos/location. Teams gotta work off practice.