CFZ Rewatching the game

glimmerman

Reaction score
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

10:18 in the second Parsons held again.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There was the hold on Smith where Lawrence crossed his body and he held on too long. I am like fine that seems fair.

But then Seattle OL were doing the exact same thing of holding on too long every play it seemed and never getting called. Then the talking heads are talking about setting a tone. I am like wth are they watching?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The refs certainly made their presence known in this game but I don't think they affected the outcome.

sacase

Reaction score
They one that stood out to me was the pass to Lamb in the endzone. The Seattle DB was a head of lamb slowed down and out his arms out to the side preventing lamb from going around and getting the pass no call. But a call on the underthrown ball. Just give consistency.

sacase

Reaction score
The refs certainly made their presence known in this game but I don't think they affected the outcome.
I think they had a huge impact. Teams couldn't get in a rhythm. Plus three flags picked up. I can understand 1 but not 3

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our secondary got schooled last night. Maybe the receivers were pushing off or what ever but when our secondary needed to cover then they just held and would not look back for the ball. If they were so good they would be looking back for the ball. We had 3 PI calls in the first half alone. Teams can just throw it up and the refs will do the rest.. I will say that 3 games in 12 days will tire you out. But the secondary is used to them getting a pass rush and the ball is thrown in front them. Not used to trailing and covering a lot..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Micah used a lot of inside moves last night that I've not see him do for years now, it's usually just run straight up the field and take myself out of the play

glimmerman

Reaction score
The one that stood out to me was the pass to Lamb in the endzone. The Seattle DB was a head of lamb slowed down and out his arms out to the side preventing lamb from going around and getting the pass no call. But a call on the underthrown ball. Just give consistency.
Is that the one that he helped Lamb up after the play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Micah used a lot of inside moves last night that I've not see him do for years now, it's usually just run straight up the field and take myself out of the play
He did that and was sliding through the line and they grabbed him and still couldn’t hold him back so they shoved him down after he was passing them up..

coult44

Reaction score
Our secondary got schooled last night. Maybe the receivers were pushing off or what ever but when our secondary needed to cover then they just held and would not look back for the ball. If they were so good they would be looking back for the ball. We had 3 PI calls in the first half alone. Teams can just throw it up and the refs will do the rest.. I will say that 3 games in 12 days will tire you out. But the secondary is used to them getting a pass rush and the ball is thrown in front them. Not used to trailing and covering a lot..
If you know anything about football, and I think you do, you have to know that if you have zero pressure, your dbs will get torched. The rules of today’s NFL make it a necessity to get pressure or get scored on. It’s as simple as that.

plymkr

Reaction score
I rewatched it too. I did notice a lot of holds. As flag happy as the refs were last night with PI they really held in the flags on Parsons getting held. It was infuriating. I well when we needed the 4th down stops Parsons and DLaw stepped up.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
There was a play in the 4th quarter that Geno Smith threw away. He Ozi on him, Smith would've never gotten to throw rhe ball away had Ozi not been held. It was right infront of an official. Also how does Fergy get a hit to the head, the defender stands over him taunting him, and then another defender swings and hits him with no call or ejection?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If you know anything about football, and I think you do, you have to know that if you have zero pressure, your dbs will get torched. The rules of today’s NFL make it a necessity to get pressure or get scored on. It’s as simple as that.
I know and understand what you’re saying. We get no pressure when players are being held. Not all the way across the line. Not saying that. And usually a player can be held but others will get home. Maybe 3 games in 12 days had them sleepy. I knew we were in a fight but didn’t expect that. No pressure along with stupid penalties. Face mask calls. I think we had over 120 penalty yards in the first half.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

10:18 in the second Parsons held again.
I saw Smith get pancake on defense more than once, the rookie

glimmerman

Reaction score
I rewatched it too. I did notice a lot of holds. As flag happy as the refs were last night with PI they really held in the flags on Parsons getting held. It was infuriating. I well when we needed the 4th down stops Parsons and DLaw stepped up.
They were able to step up at the end. But shouldn’t have needed to. The holds on Parsons happens every game and people complain and the NFL and refs are aware of but yet nothing is done. I remember in playoffs against packers in 2016 Dak brought us back to a certain tie and OT. And marinelli in his dumb way went prevent. We had 3 man rush and right in front of the ref that was looking along with rogers standing there, Irving was not only held but wrestled down and put in a sleeper hold on the way down. And there was no flag. They make a play and game over.

Parsons is getting to many holds without penalties. If they started calling some of them then Parsons would be having sacks like his rookie year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There was a play in the 4th quarter that Geno Smith threw away. He Ozi on him, Smith would've never gotten to throw rhe ball away had Ozi not been held. It was right infront of an official. Also how does Fergy get a hit to the head, the defender stands over him taunting him, and then another defender swings and hits him with no call or ejection?
Was that when Fergie caught it down the seam and the guy went low and hit him when he was hitting the ground. I just watched that play. There secondary got called a lot but it was because they were just grabbing and riding our WR.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Agreed.

Also trying to figure out how exactly Dante Fowler was offsides. But there were some dubious calls against both teams last night so it all evens out.