CFZ Rewatching the game

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

10:18 in the second Parsons held again.
If they called the game accurately and fairly Dallas would easily be the SB favorites.
No way the Commish gives that prize to Jerry.

Proof

Reaction score
Our secondary got schooled last night. Maybe the receivers were pushing off or what ever but when our secondary needed to cover then they just held and would not look back for the ball. If they were so good they would be looking back for the ball. We had 3 PI calls in the first half alone. Teams can just throw it up and the refs will do the rest.. I will say that 3 games in 12 days will tire you out. But the secondary is used to them getting a pass rush and the ball is thrown in front them. Not used to trailing and covering a lot..
seattle has one of the most talented /fasted wr corps in the league. it was a bad night at the office against a strong matchup.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agreed.

Also trying to figure out how exactly Dante Fowler was offsides. But there were some dubious calls against both teams last night so it all evens out.
It’s about the timing of the calls. And killing drives that would be points or taking momentum away. Or extending drives for the other team. We commit enough legit penalties without the refs helping. We played egirls and both had 10 penalties. But at the end we fell 5 inches short because of an easy non call on a PI. He was tackled while catching the ball.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

Pete Carrol actually called out the refs for the sheer number of penalties on both teams.

The number of flags being thrown in NFL games is getting out of control, especially their new flavor of the month, illegal contact on the entire other side of the field which is often no more than a light hand check.

I actually hold my breath after every single good play nowadays expecting a flag to come flying in. That is ridiculous.

glimmerman

Reaction score
seattle has one of the most talented /fasted wr corps in the league. it was a bad night at the office against a strong matchup.
A really bad night. Especially for Bland. He got a pick but if he would look back for the ball he had 3 picks.

foofighters

Reaction score

I am usually one of the guys who will jump on you for whining about the refs but Pete's Seahawks have a history of suspect play out on the field. I saw numerous chippy type contact hits and a lot of talk from them. Pretty much every time our TE got some action, there was extra curricular activity against him that could have been called. I think Pollard was actually thrown down out of bounds after he'd been out of bounds. I saw a lot of hits on our WR's that looked like they were trying to injure (they missed on these but the intent was suspect.). Give credit to our team for keeping their wits and not engaging into Pete's antics. Again, I may be a little touchy because I've seen this from the seahawks ever since petey showed up.

I do not believe the refs are out to get us in some grand conspiracy but I do believe they are incompetent. Can they be malevolent against players/teams who speak out against them? Oh, I wouldn't doubt it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To me the problem with officiating is the lack of consistency. Either call a tight game or let the players play, don't flip flop.

Instead it's a flag for PI with light contact on one play and then a guy gets away with mugging a receiver on the next series. It's a total crapshoot.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Seattle went into the game with a plan to be physical on the line and with our WR's. They held Parsons and our WR's on every play.
And they figured they would get away with it more times than they’d be called for it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I am usually one of the guys who will jump on you for whining about the refs but Pete's Seahawks have a history of suspect play out on the field. I saw numerous chippy type contact hits and a lot of talk from them. Pretty much every time our TE got some action, there was extra curricular activity against him that could have been called. I think Pollard was actually thrown down out of bounds after he'd been out of bounds. I saw a lot of hits on our WR's that looked like they were trying to injure (they missed on these but the intent was suspect.). Give credit to our team for keeping their wits and not engaging into Pete's antics. Again, I may be a little touchy because I've seen this from the seahawks ever since petey showed up.

I do not believe the refs are out to get us in some grand conspiracy but I do believe they are incompetent. Can they be malevolent against players/teams who speak out against them? Oh, I wouldn't doubt it.
The Seahags should’ve been called for taunting about 6 times but not once was it called.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would much rather watch a game- Cowboys or any other team- and not have the refs call every single violation there is. Let 'em play! The game between the raiders and chiefs recently only had 4 total penalties and zero against the raiders who lost anyway, lol. That’s much better than seeing 270 yards of penalties like last night.

Would much rather the refs let both sides play with some leeway than watch an absolute flag fest like last night where they called every little thing and then missed some big things. I hate the refs being made equal players with the real players.

The NFL’s officiating is bad. For everyone. But do I believe it’s some evil conspiracy led by Goodell and his goons? Not a chance.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm not certain exactly when the flags slowed down. I figured the refs were in the blue tents getting their flag throwing muscles massaged in the 4th quarter. Honestly, I believe a call was made around half time. I would complain more but WE WON!!!!.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
To be fair to our secondary, their receivers are very good and lineup all over the field

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would much rather watch a game- Cowboys or any other team- and not have the refs call every single violation there is. Let 'em play! The game between the raiders and chiefs recently only had 4 total penalties and zero against the raiders who lost anyway, lol. That’s much better than seeing 270 yards of penalties like last night.

Would much rather the refs let both sides play with some leeway than watch an absolute flag fest like last night where they called every little thing and then missed some big things. I hate the refs being made equal players with the real players.

The NFL’s officiating is bad. For everyone. But do I believe it’s some evil conspiracy led by Goodell and his goons? Not a chance.
That is why I don't like posters calling out the refs. Some do it to make excuses for a loss, however they do make critical mistakes at times, but it's not intentional, I hope not. They can only see what they see during a fast game.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Let this be the ONE game we don't complain about missed HOLDS.

We got away with at least as many missed HOLDS as they did.how many MORE flags do yall want a game?

Proof

Reaction score
A really bad night. Especially for Bland. He got a pick but if he would look back for the ball he had 3 picks.
I agree. But again, hard to get your head around when a freak of nature is running past you and not indicating the ball was thrown. dk and locket are a terrible matchup, and geno's sole mission was to get the ball out asap

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is why I don't like posters calling out the refs. Some do it to make excuses for a loss, however they do make critical mistakes at times, but it's not intentional, I hope not. They can only see what they see during a fast game.
I have an old friend who was a back judge for many years for High School games in West Texas. He tried very hard to be fair and make calls as he saw them regardless of anything else. Like all refs, he is human and acknowledged he blew some calls. But most refs try to get it right.

At the pro level, all refs are graded each game by the league. Just as good teams make the playoffs and bad teams don't, the same goes for NFL referees. The highest-graded officials work the playoffs. Those who have been graded as subpar during the regular season watch the playoffs from home.

Officials whose performance is worse than average can be sent to remediation or even a demotion because NFL refs work on year-to-year contracts. If they don't do their job well, like any other profession, there's a chance they won’t be brought back the next year.

I don’t know what the turnover rate is, but there is some churn of officials every year.