Rex Ryan did this

XXLMike

Reaction score
That's a far-fetched scenario you created in your head. So Jerry loved him so much that he re-worked the entire team based on what Ryan told him and then didn't like him enough so he hired Zimmer over Ryan. Sounds about right
Jerry has already felt obligated to Zimmer, especially after him, losing his wife.

He loves Rex though- very good chance he’s in Dallas next 15 months .

XXLMike

Reaction score
Fellas, I'm not agreeing that it's Ryan involved but I've felt that somebody outside the organization is being consulted And if you're really honest with yourself you have to admit these moves are 180 degrees from normal Jerry's m.o.

As for Zimmer.....it's a 1 year deal and that should speak volumes about his potential future here.
This

100% Jimmy & Rex

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Jerry loves the Ryan brothers - Rex got his ear right after the GB game Jerry flew him down and they sat down together, and Rex told Jerry exactly what’s wrong with your football team;

Now, of course, this is how it’s playing out in my head. I could be totally wrong, but I don’t think so..

Ripping the Cowboys all season, but not in discriminately he was making good points about the Cowboys make up in personnel.

I’m betting he told JJ your head coach is too soft - you’ve paid your QB way way too much: hit the brakes and and most of all, he told him the rest of the league views, the Cowboys as soft.

Now, if you look at our draft, every guy just about we drafted is considered a fighter in some regard a tough guy one on one guy even the receiver we got is known to battle for the football over the middle , Beebe etc .

I think the Cowboys went into the draft and all season with the philosophy of Les is more and we’re going to get tougher at the LOS.

Even the cornerback we added is a battler.

I’m betting he told Jerry don’t spend another dime on this football team you’ve already spend enough give the coach and the QB one more year a tough Mike Zimmer to toughen things up on the defense side of the bowl so mediocre teams like Green Bay don’t embarrass you again on national television, the biggest game in Dallas in a decade.

I fully believe Rex Ryan orchestrated our off-season.

Rex Ryan called McCarthy about taking his job. Jerry and family were so impressed with Ryan. They almost hired him.

He shoulda told Jerry that he is NOT a "Football Guy", sucks as a GM and he should sell the team.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Jerry loves the Ryan brothers - Rex got his ear right after the GB game Jerry flew him down and they sat down together, and Rex told Jerry exactly what’s wrong with your football team;

Now, of course, this is how it’s playing out in my head. I could be totally wrong, but I don’t think so..

Ripping the Cowboys all season, but not in discriminately he was making good points about the Cowboys make up in personnel.

I’m betting he told JJ your head coach is too soft - you’ve paid your QB way way too much: hit the brakes and and most of all, he told him the rest of the league views, the Cowboys as soft.

Now, if you look at our draft, every guy just about we drafted is considered a fighter in some regard a tough guy one on one guy even the receiver we got is known to battle for the football over the middle , Beebe etc .

I think the Cowboys went into the draft and all season with the philosophy of Les is more and we’re going to get tougher at the LOS.

I’m betting he told Jerry don’t spend another dime on this football team you’ve already spend enough give the coach and the QB one more year a tough Mike Zimmer to toughen things up on the defense side of the bowl so mediocre teams like Green Bay don’t embarrass you again on national television, the biggest game in Dallas in a decade.

Rex Ryan called McCarthy about taking his job. Jerry and family were so impressed with Ryan. They almost hired him.

Jerry is the mothership that creates the dysfunction and weakness with the Cowboys. Jerry was positioning Zimmer to take less money and control when he met witn Rex.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I love the offseason - you get these ridiculous theories from fans to entertain yourself. Rex Ryan was right when he called the Cowboys soft, but I doubt very much that he is on call with Jerry or that Rex 'told him exactly what's wrong with his football team". You see, if he did, he would have had to look Jerry in the face and say "you are the reason this team is soft. You have brought in some players that may have been tough competitors at one point, but your culture turned them soft. Since you have this inconvenient need to be 'the man in charge of everything', your players know they don't really have to take any of their coaches all that seriously. If they are buddy buddy with you, it doesn't matter what the coaches think. And since you don't put the hammer down yourself, why should they care enough to be tough?"

fivetwos

Reaction score
Take a minute to think about it….

Assuming McCarthy is out, Zimmer is the clear favorite, but who would be next?

It’s probably Rex Ryan.

Who sees Jerry hiring an up and coming college guy, and that same coach wanting to work under Jerry’s conditions? I don’t.

Same with the typical hot coordinators after this season.

Rex Ryan will never coach again unless Jerry hires him. Same with Zimmer. Marvin Lewis maybe. That’s what we get for now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I think that Rex needed some advice from Jerry how to get people to speak more about him. So his Brand sells better and he can make more money.

JJ gave him that.

See the results.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Well, Jerry is the reason they are soft.
Since Jimmy left, except for Parcells,
We have had soft HCs.
That's on Jerry.
So maybe he should hire a real GM and fire the current one.

Chasing6

Reaction score

And why would he listen to Rex again?

GMO415

Reaction score

How old is this? With all the players DAL lost they are no longer close to a SB. FACTS

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
That’s what they want you to believe.

What really happened is Zimmer was abducted and is currently on a deserted island where Jerry dropped him.

Rex underwent surgery at Jerry’s plastic surgery complex and was transformed physically into the image of zimmer.
Real life Face/Off!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

"They want to go for the SB"

And I want a sparkly unicorn pony.