Rex Ryan Offers Candid Reason He Turned Down Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Job

exciter

Reaction score
Cheap Cowboys again.

Rex Ryan Offers Candid Reason He Turned Down Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Job
Story by Madison Williams
9/26/24

Former NFL coach Rex Ryan has been one of the Dallas Cowboys' loudest critics to start the 2024 season, and he could've apparently been working as their defensive coordinator instead.

The team's defense has been a key point of the Cowboys' struggles this season. Ryan even called Dallas' defense "hot garbage" in one of his ESPN rants about the team.

Ryan sounds like he wants to help solve the team's problems, and he admitted that he would be working as the Cowboys' DC if not for one issue: money.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=3023aaf5ed6b4bb7abf8cbe69ee18151&ei=21
Lol!
so he’s taken delusional into the realms of bald faced liar.
Seriously, nothing to see here just another blow hard Ryan doing what Ryan’s do best… bloviating!!!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Money grabbers, knowing Jerry will pay any second tier and "top" tier "talent" for that matter.

Is he injured?

Classic modern Cowboys mentality.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't buy it. I think Jerry had Zimmer in mind from the start and did not consider anyone else.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
So now tell us what you were doing the last 2 years Rex. I don't believe a word Ryan says

Mike Zimmer is estimated to earn $4 millionas the defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys, making him the second highest-paid defensive coordinator in the NFL in 2024. Vic Fangio, who coaches the Eagles' defense, is estimated to earn $4.5 million and is the highest-paid defensive coordinator.
2nd highest paid DC in the NFL leading one of the worst defenses in the NFL. That's Dallas football.

bigE79

Reaction score
Zimmer said he got back into coaching to restore his reputation from how his Vikings job ended.......little did he know it would actually get worse
Not sticking up for Zimmer,but what does he really have to work with, other than tank and Parsons we have jags.

dupree89

Reaction score
I'm down on this entire organization, but I don't need to hear from that blowhard. Just like his brother and how his old man was too.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Networth 15 billion and you can't afford to pay a man..
Cheap..........azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....CLOWN....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not sticking up for Zimmer,but what does he really have to work with, other than tank and Parsons we have jags.
What does Dak have to work with but CeeDee and Ferg...Yet all I hear is how great Will McClay is... :facepalm:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Big Daddy Booger doesn't negotiate. When he wants something he dictates the terms.

When he can't dictate he doesn't want it.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
LOL, I wouldn't even bank on his statement that he was offered the job. He's notoriously full of poop.
For all I know you might be totally right, but then I thought Zimmer would be an improvement till that last 2 games. Ryan couldn't have done much worse than what we've seen so far this year.