Rex Ryan Offers Candid Reason He Turned Down Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Job

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah. I think Jerry missed his calling. He should've been a politician with all the lies he spews out of his mouth!! :laugh:
I would also add,

Used car salesman
Carnival barker
Snake oil salesman
Labor Union Leader
Telemarketer
Real estate agent
Newspaper Editor.......just too many to list that the man would have excelled in

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cheap Cowboys again.

Story by Madison Williams
9/26/24

Former NFL coach Rex Ryan has been one of the Dallas Cowboys' loudest critics to start the 2024 season, and he could've apparently been working as their defensive coordinator instead.

The team's defense has been a key point of the Cowboys' struggles this season. Ryan even called Dallas' defense "hot garbage" in one of his ESPN rants about the team.

Ryan sounds like he wants to help solve the team's problems, and he admitted that he would be working as the Cowboys' DC if not for one issue: money.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=3023aaf5ed6b4bb7abf8cbe69ee18151&ei=21
He didn't like Jerry's feet....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cheap Cowboys again.

Story by Madison Williams
9/26/24

Former NFL coach Rex Ryan has been one of the Dallas Cowboys' loudest critics to start the 2024 season, and he could've apparently been working as their defensive coordinator instead.

The team's defense has been a key point of the Cowboys' struggles this season. Ryan even called Dallas' defense "hot garbage" in one of his ESPN rants about the team.

Ryan sounds like he wants to help solve the team's problems, and he admitted that he would be working as the Cowboys' DC if not for one issue: money.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=3023aaf5ed6b4bb7abf8cbe69ee18151&ei=21
Well....he's not wrong. :popcorn:

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
So now tell us what you were doing the last 2 years Rex. I don't believe a word Ryan says

Mike Zimmer is estimated to earn $4 millionas the defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys, making him the second highest-paid defensive coordinator in the NFL in 2024. Vic Fangio, who coaches the Eagles' defense, is estimated to earn $4.5 million and is the highest-paid defensive coordinator.
Well, maybe they offered Rex only $3 million.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good ....... never wanted him to begin with.

Buddy Ryan's whole clan are scumbags.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I have my doubts he was offered the job. How I imagine those conversations going.

Rex: "Jerry I can help take your defense to the next level all for the total care package cost of x amount per year."
Jerry: "Well I most certainly like the sound of that, what would you do for the Dallas Cowboys?"
Rex: "I have concepts of a plan using the Ryan 3 step defense and I would fix it"
 Jerry: "Well that uh certainly sounds intriguing and will be reaching out if there are any next steps.

Rex: Nailed it!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have my doubts he was offered the job. How I imagine those conversations going.

Rex: "Jerry I can help take your defense to the next level all for the total care package cost of x amount per year."
Jerry: "Well I most certainly like the sound of that, what would you do for the Dallas Cowboys?"
Rex: "I have concepts of a plan using the Ryan 3 step defense and I would fix it"
 Jerry: "Well that uh certainly sounds intriguing and will be reaching out if there are any next steps.

Rex: Nailed it!
More Like

REX: Jerry, I can fix your defense and I will do it for only 2 mil per year.
Jerry: Great, We can do the 2 mil.
REX: OH and complete control over my staff and who plays.
Jerry: Click

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Who cares about Rex.. I wanted MacDonald as HC /DC. .. He is already making a difference in Seattle not just
W-L but in the defense too.

Bold prediction: Seattle will be in the NFC championship game within these next three years. While Jerry and the Cowboys continue their 30 year rebuilding process.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Hated his obnoxious, loun-mouth dad.
Didn't care for his incompetent, loud-mouthed brother.
Don't care for his egomanical, loud-mouth either.
No one with Ryan DNA should ever be allowed into a Cowboys lockerroom again.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If I had to guess I would bet any issue around Rex had less to do with paying his salary and more to do with adding to the player payroll which would have been needed to get some guys to fit his system. I'm skeptical Rex would have been OK with a wait and see approach before looking at help at DT like the Cowboys did.