News: Rex Ryan suggests Stafford should go to Dallas

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
He is better than Dak, and I would find a suitor for Dak.
The thing most people seem to be missing is we got 5 cost effective years with Dak where his performance exceeded his cost.
The Cowboys even with that advantage could not surround him with the talent that was required.
Now you want to make him the highest paid at his position and think this FO and coaching staff can maximize the talent around him???? Try to use first principles thinking on how all this works.
Dak is a good player, he is never going to be elite. Don't overpay for good QB's. The market will correct and the more intelligent teams will come out on top as they always do.
Don't believe the hype of all the talking heads who say Dak deserves to be paid. Dak has made a tremendous amount of money just from endorsments, I hope he earns even more. This is not anti Dak, he will never live up to the giant contract. Get out while you can. Sell early instead of being a bag holder.
You need to get your GED and prescription glasses

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don't what to say.......I honestly don't (lol)

Rex Ryan suggests Matthew Stafford should go to Dallas
ByCLINT BUCKLEY 18 hours ago

https://247sports.com/Article/Matth...s-with-Detroit-Lions-Georgia-159854647/?fbcli

It was reported Saturday that the Detroit Lions and franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford are expected to part ways this offseason. Detroit will reportedly begin entertaining trade offers for the quarterback.

During ESPN’s Postseason NFL Countdown on Sunday, former coach and current analyst Rex Ryan was asked where he thought Stafford would end up in 2021. And Ryan’s prediction, if it were to come true, would send shockwaves throughout the league.

Ryan suggested that Stafford returning to his home state would make a lot of sense.

“Well I actually don’t believe this, but let’s hypothetically say the Cowboys blow it with Dak Prescott,” Ryan said. “This would be an amazing spot for him. You go back to your high school days, he returns home, he won a state championship at Highland Park right there in Texas. I think it would be a phenomenal spot. He’d be reunited with Kellen Moore, a former teammate. And look, if he goes there they would be the favorites to win the NFC East. I promise you they would be.”

Good players with ambitions dont sign with dallas.

We land pigged out coaches we can sell to the uneducated average.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Dak isn't signed before the draft, do you draft a QB is the question. Stafford is a moderate stopgap that probably won't get you to the big dance. Then again, with this team as is, no QB will.

If that happens, I would probably draft a QB, but not with the 1st pick. I'd build the defence as much as possible, and probably use a midround pick on a QB such as Mac Jones or Jamie Newman from Georgia depending on who is available. However, my main preference would be to keep Dak. We must focus as many of our picks on defence as possible.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dak is 6-11 in his last 17 games and is just a garbage-time stat monger.
Well to play devils advocate that is Staffords whole career. I mean garbage time stats is what made Jerry think RW11 was an elite WR.

Motorola

Reaction score
If that happens, I would probably draft a QB, but not with the 1st pick. I'd build the defence as much as possible, and probably use a midround pick on a QB such as Mac Jones or Jamie Newman from Georgia depending on who is available. However, my main preference would be to keep Dak. We must focus as many of our picks on defence as possible.
Both Jones and Newman have been a starting college QB roughly the equivalent of 1 & 1/2 seasons. Big difference-- Newman last played in 2019. He left Wake Forest for Georgia in 2020, but opted out of that season due to Covid19 concerns.
Because of how he played and where he played - Alabama - Jones will not be a mid-round (read 3rd-4th) pick= he will go late 2nd (reach).
Cowboys should wait until the 4th round to select Newman (if they have interest).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get tired of all the spin stories.

Dak is staying put.

He is on track for a raise in pay to $38 mil according to the second Tag coming as minimum.

Why would he not play that out and prove he is recovered and then do a bigger long term deal in 2022?

Dak is in the catbird seat and just needs to get well and put us back as contenders. This team wants Dak.

Only reporters wanting attention are raising these sort of disinformation.

There has never been any indication Dak has spoken to any team but Dallas.

Non news.

Not only that, but the QB market is about to explode. WE had better sign him quickly. And for those saying "Well, then just draft another", the price for QBs will be upwards of 50m for a decent QB in about 2 years. And we have Jerry as the owner here still. If we intend to extend Dak, we better do it soon. Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and possibly even Aaron Rodgers are likely to get massive contracts soon. For all intensive purposes, Mahomes is making $45 mil per year atm. Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson are probably going to push that to close to 50 mil during the offseason. Then you have a slew of other QBs that are likely to be on the move or are wanting new contracts. Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston. Think he won't try and get another contract if he ends up with say the Jets? Especially with how much they have in cap space. Matt Stafford will probably want one more contract wherever he lands. Aaron Rodgers is soon to be out of guaranteed money as I've read, so he'll probably want another contract whether he stays with Green Bay or leaves. That'll be a lot of money that he gets. Russell Wilson will probably want another contract soon given his age and the remaining guaranteed money he has. If Jerry is wise, he'd be on the phone right now with Dak and getting something worked out before they get signed. Every contract that goes by is that much more money we'll be owing Dak if we resign him, and even more money that we'll owe a rookie QB should we draft a replacement.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Both Jones and Newman have been a starting college QB roughly the equivalent of 1 & 1/2 seasons. Big difference-- Newman last played in 2019. He left Wake Forest for Georgia in 2020, but opted out of that season due to Covid19 concerns.
Because of how he played and where he played - Alabama - Jones will not be a mid-round (read 3rd-4th) pick= he will go late 2nd (reach).
Cowboys should wait until the 4th round to select Newman (if they have interest).

I agree, which is why I said midrounder.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't what to say.......I honestly don't (lol)

Rex Ryan suggests Matthew Stafford should go to Dallas
ByCLINT BUCKLEY 18 hours ago

https://247sports.com/Article/Matth...s-with-Detroit-Lions-Georgia-159854647/?fbcli

It was reported Saturday that the Detroit Lions and franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford are expected to part ways this offseason. Detroit will reportedly begin entertaining trade offers for the quarterback.

During ESPN’s Postseason NFL Countdown on Sunday, former coach and current analyst Rex Ryan was asked where he thought Stafford would end up in 2021. And Ryan’s prediction, if it were to come true, would send shockwaves throughout the league.

Ryan suggested that Stafford returning to his home state would make a lot of sense.

“Well I actually don’t believe this, but let’s hypothetically say the Cowboys blow it with Dak Prescott,” Ryan said. “This would be an amazing spot for him. You go back to your high school days, he returns home, he won a state championship at Highland Park right there in Texas. I think it would be a phenomenal spot. He’d be reunited with Kellen Moore, a former teammate. And look, if he goes there they would be the favorites to win the NFC East. I promise you they would be.”
The word “should” doesn’t belong in the thread title as it doesn’t reflect what the foot diddler actually said

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I am at my local lottery store (I live in Michigan, not in Novi) and the clerk goes to me. I heard you guys signed Stafford, I was no someone suggested he should come to Dallas, he argued with me that he just heard the Cowboys signed him. So I asked him what did they do with Dak, who’s Dak he says, well bye

Kwyn

Reaction score
It’s funny how people seem to forget that Dak isn’t under contract and can’t be traded

Who, in their right mind, would think that Dak would agree to a sign and trade with the freaking Detroit Lions?

His *worst case* scenario is to sign a 2nd franchise tender at 37m and then walk away to a team of his choice in 2022 when he will *again* be the top free agent on the market.

And guess what? That’s when his price goes up over 40m per for four years and he looks back after 2025 and laughs at making 200m over his last six years years and lining up a third contract in 2026 when he’s only 33 and can get another 150m over 3-4 years.

But instead, if you listen to the armchair GM’s, he’s going to give up all of his leverage to go to one of the worst teams in one of the worst markets in the league and squander his prime.

Zero chance

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s funny how people seem to forget that Dak isn’t under contract and can’t be traded

Who, in their right mind, would think that Dak would agree to a sign and trade with the freaking Detroit Lions?

His *worst case* scenario is to sign a 2nd franchise tender at 37m and then walk away to a team of his choice in 2022 when he will *again* be the top free agent on the market.

And guess what? That’s when his price goes up over 40m per for four years and he looks back after 2025 and laughs at making 200m over his last six years years and lining up a third contract in 2026 when he’s only 33 and can get another 150m over 3-4 years.

But instead, if you listen to the armchair GM’s, he’s going to give up all of his leverage to go to one of the worst teams in one of the worst markets in the league and squander his prime.

Zero chance

Agreed, there's no way he'd agree to signing a tag just to be traded to the Lions. I think the best thing this FO can do is sign him ASAP. QB contracts are only going to go higher unless the NFL puts in a max contract like the NBA has. Thus, it's only going to cost us more to wait. And before someone says "Well, just draft another QB", QB contracts will be even higher when that QB comes of contract age. What are you going to do then? Trade him as well? That's how you become the Jets or Texans.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well to play devils advocate that is Staffords whole career. I mean garbage time stats is what made Jerry think RW11 was an elite WR.
The all-time leader in NFL history for 4th quarter game-winning drives.....more than anyone...ever....
That Matt Stafford?

Im not advocating we get him, but he’s a beast playing on crap teams

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Stanford delivers the ball where it needs to be - never too high,low or behind the receiver. Dak’s had that problem since he started for Romo.
that's because he's slow on reads and has to throw late because of it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The all-time leader in NFL history for 4th quarter game-winning drives.....more than anyone...ever....
That Matt Stafford?

Im not advocating we get him, but he’s a beast playing on crap teams
I am just saying a lot of his stats are gawdy due to the fact they are always playing from behind, and that is the reason RW11 looked better than he did.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Goff, two 1st's and a 3rd.....

B6NjReF.gif
[/IMG]

ghst187

Reaction score
If we can’t sign Dak then I would’ve been okay with Stafford but the picks involved that the Rams had to pony up priced me out of it