News: Rex Ryan suggests Stafford should go to Dallas

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't what to say.......I honestly don't (lol)

Rex Ryan suggests Matthew Stafford should go to Dallas
ByCLINT BUCKLEY 18 hours ago

https://247sports.com/Article/Matth...s-with-Detroit-Lions-Georgia-159854647/?fbcli

It was reported Saturday that the Detroit Lions and franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford are expected to part ways this offseason. Detroit will reportedly begin entertaining trade offers for the quarterback.

During ESPN’s Postseason NFL Countdown on Sunday, former coach and current analyst Rex Ryan was asked where he thought Stafford would end up in 2021. And Ryan’s prediction, if it were to come true, would send shockwaves throughout the league.

Ryan suggested that Stafford returning to his home state would make a lot of sense.

“Well I actually don’t believe this, but let’s hypothetically say the Cowboys blow it with Dak Prescott,” Ryan said. “This would be an amazing spot for him. You go back to your high school days, he returns home, he won a state championship at Highland Park right there in Texas. I think it would be a phenomenal spot. He’d be reunited with Kellen Moore, a former teammate. And look, if he goes there they would be the favorites to win the NFC East. I promise you they would be.”
Writers annoy me. This one starts with a headline that says Ryan suggests Stafford should go to Dallas, then in the body of the article says Ryan predicted Stafford will go to Dallas, then later quotes Ryan as saying he doesn't think the Cowboys will "blow it with Dak". The reality is all Ryan said was that Dallas would be a good spot for Stafford if Dallas were to unexpectedly not work out something with Dak.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
In general you never want to get a older version of a qb over a younger. But I can't lie Matt Stafford with a healthy Cowboys line a good set of RB's and our weapons is some what interesting. I only say that because right now we don't know what we have in Dak until he's back from that injury, and the way his agent is negotiating like Gustavo with the Jones family does not give me a good feeling going forward. I mean let's be honest about this here they were literally pissing and moaning over 1 year on a contract so that they can get back into the market sooner to get more money before even getting the current deal done that would've provided generational wealth to that young man if managed right. I have no doubt that Jerry will go the sympathetic route and give Dak more than he deserves at the moment but I am not going to lie Stafford with this offensive cast does intrigue me.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Opinions vary? Better pocket presence and better passer easily.
It's not an opinion and Stafford doesn't have better pocket presence and not a better passer. Stafford has a stronger arm but he isn't a top 10 QB. Dak is a top 10 QB regardless of what haters think. Some of you guys aren't being honest with yourself to continue this trolling charade and myth that Dak is garbage. It's pathetic really

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is 6-11 in his last 17 games and is just a garbage-time stat monger.
I thought you guys said Dak couldn't throw 200 yards a game....... you guys that use the idiotic "garbage time stats" comments are pathetic and sad. The dislike y'all have has nothing to do with football. You guys are better than that and know football but throw it all out the window over personal beef y'all have with Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stafford is better than Dak...that’s for sure
DOUBTFUL. But lets say thats true. What good would he be if he is only here 2 more years? THEN we have to go find another QB lol. Stafford is no Brady. He's running on borrowed time. About 2 more years is his shelf life.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stafford to the Colts, 49ers, or--if they can figure out the cap issues--Saints.

But yes, if healthy, he would be ridiculously good in our offense. But there's still that defense.....

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's awful when you think about what he is asking for.
Facts are sometimes inconvenient. Dak is the same QB that as a ROOKIE, led this team to a 13-3 reg season record, first round bye and really should have beaten the Packers if not for a miraculous play by Cook on the sidelines..in which btw, Byron Jones blew the coverage on him..badly. SO that same QB that nearly took us to a Championship game as a rookie is no longer needed? GREAT...got it. lol...makes total logic.

Big D

Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2021-01-26-at-10-23-24-AM.png

Since Dak's been in the league he's been better than Stafford. Dak has double digit wins in 2 of his first 5 seasons, Staffords done it twice in 12yrs. Dak's won the division twice , Stafford -0. Don't get me wrong I like Stafford and think he's a decent qb but I'm not dumping Dak for him.

erod

Reaction score
I thought you guys said Dak couldn't throw 200 yards a game....... you guys that use the idiotic "garbage time stats" comments are pathetic and sad. The dislike y'all have has nothing to do with football. You guys are better than that and know football but throw it all out the window over personal beef y'all have with Dak.
Unless, of course, you actually understand football.