Richard not getting Bucs HC vacancy

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
As OC? Why would Lincoln Riley leave OU to be an OC in Dallas (and he just signed an extension I believe a few days ago).

And I think I read USC has blocked Kingsbury from interviewing for NFL jobs.
He said dream scenario and gave an unrealistic person as our OC. I gave him two more unrealistic options thatd be perfect.

Do you think Arians is going to decline the HC job at Tampa he was just offered to come be OC here?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Or the Rooney rule needs to be satisfied.

I can understand the need for the rule but I feel for a coach if he is getting excited and nervous and preparing for an interview that is just a formality.

They would not fly to Dallas for the Rooney rule

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t want TB job
Cleveland with be a very good job

People say this, and admittedly the Browns look to be on an upswing, but the fact they haven't had back to back winning seasons in 30 years would tell me to beware if I was a candidate for the job. Maybe they just finally got lucky that one of the multitude of QBs drafted in the first round finally produced a little.

conner01

Reaction score
People say this, and admittedly the Browns look to be on an upswing, but the fact they haven't had back to back winning seasons in 30 years would tell me to beware if I was a candidate for the job. Maybe they just finally got lucky that one of the multitude of QBs drafted in the first round finally produced a little.
No where to go but up
And they have talent as well as a QB

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the ONLY fool that wants to give it a shot with Winston at QB. He will be fired in 3 years.

Head coaching jobs are almost never available with teams that have the personnel set up favorably, and very often challenges at QB are part of that. If coaches want a head coaching opportunity they have to be willing to take problems, because if they pass they may not get another chance.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Also a heck of a coach just landed in the NFC

He's worked previously with Winston AND GM. Other words, once he declared his interest in the job, no other candidate had a real chance. It was his job all the way....... word from locals here is he will likely bring Todd Bowes with him as DC.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No where to go but up
And they have talent as well as a QB

There has been nowhere to go but up for 30 years, but they still haven't had back to back winning seasons since 88-89. That would seem to suggest there is a little more hindering the Browns than the coach and QB. But you are right that it appears they have a solid QB for the first time in a long time, so that's at least a plus.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Miami is the one to worry about, IMO.
Miami is the least one to worry about IMO. It's not a good situation for a first time head coach. Unless Richards is desperate just to be a head coach but I really don't think he is. Out of respect you take the interview because you never know what situation may come up in the future with the same GM for another and also GM's and owners talk about how these interviews go.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not disagreeing with that at all. Just commenting toward the 70% of posters who already have Richard off the team. It could happen, but I'm skeptical.
Who are these 70% of posters? Hell who are 10% of this 70%? That sounds like a made up online I pulled that out my butt number. You and others that do this need to stop exaggerating like little kids because of a relatively few people have a different pov than you smh.

conner01

Reaction score
There has been nowhere to go but up for 30 years, but they still haven't had back to back winning seasons since 88-89. That would seem to suggest there is a little more hindering the Browns than the coach and QB. But you are right that it appears they have a solid QB for the first time in a long time, so that's at least a plus.
Not the same owners now and they’ve been drafting better
The thing is the talent is there and if you win you’re a genius