Ricky Williams Up to 215

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
In my eyes he was up there with Tomlinson. He carried that offense.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Did he ever give the $$$ back?
The Dolphins should have been given CAP relief on that last year.
Or
Was that covered on the suspension pending from the NFL.

And the weight gain...
I thought from the smokin you get the munchies....... :rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In two seasons with Miami, Williams averaged 1970 all purpose yards. He averaged 4.16 yards per carry and 7.36 yards per catch (Almost 50 catches a season). He hadn't missed a game due to injury and this guy carried the ball a lot. Who ever pointed out the fact that Williams was the only offense Miami had was correct. He really did carry that team. These are not pedestrian numbers or even good numbers. Under the circumstances, these are exceptional numbers. Only Priest Holmes, in an extremely potent offense (4397 All purpose yards), LT, who was nothing short of amazing in San Diego (4542) and Jamal Lewis, once again, an excellent offense (4040) have put up better, over the same time frame.

If I look at these situations, Only LT, IMO, has done the same thing with no real support offensively. The one big difference with LT and Williams was that LT did have a very good OL and Williams, while in Miami, really couldn't say that.

I think Ricky Williams was better then just OK or a little bit above average. If he can get back and if you can put him on a team with a QB and a few receiving threats, he can be a huge difference. He's the kind of back that can control the clock. He's also the kind of back that can play all three downs. Three straight seasons with no missed games means he's durable. I have thought, and still believe that if Ricky's mind is right, he could be a very valuable player in the right situation. Remember, Ricky Williams has never played on a good offense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
honestly he's one of the more overrated players in the game IMO...he's had 5yrs in the league, 2 of those ended with him averaging an Eddie George-like 3.5yds per carry. He's had one run over 46 yds in his career and only one season where he scored more than 9 tds...he also has lost 22 fumbles in those 5 seasons...people act like he's a newer version of Earl Campbell, and he isnt...not even remotely close

David

I don't think Ricky is one of the elite backs in the league, but he is in the second tier. His big season was no fluke. He had a 53, a 55 and a 63 yard run during that season. He also had a 52 yard reception that year(and a 59 yard reception in '03). He had back to back 200+ yard games. After suffering injuries his first two years, he has come on strong. The guy is good, but he is not as good as LT, Priest Holmes or Jamal Lewis.

Of course the over hyping started when Ditka traded everything for him. Dumb move. You can't build a team with only 1 draft pick. You needs lots of bodies to make a team.

I wish Dallas had a running back of his caliber over the last 3 or 4 years. Of course without the mental problems. Now the Cowboys have Julius who I think can be special. Can't wait to see how he does this year.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
Did he ever give the $$$ back?
The Dolphins should have been given CAP relief on that last year.
Or
Was that covered on the suspension pending from the NFL.

And the weight gain...
I thought from the smokin you get the munchies....... :rolleyes:
hey man... could you pass the fritos and jalapeno beandip? <dip - crunch>.... ummmm... thanks duuuude...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
notherbob said:
The last I heard, he was down to 185. How does a person put on that much weight in such a short period of time without taking illegal steroids?

Eat a lot and work out. I can gain 20 lbs in 4-6 weeks. I gained 45 lbs of muscle at Parris Island in 11 weeks.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ricky Williams has obvious personal issues.

His what 1800 yard season is not a fluke. A team traded their entire draft for him. I saw him in person rip a Bellicheck Defense for almost 200 yards. Never saw a bigger, faster back in my 30 years live. Dude is a freak - a mess mentally/personally? - Yes.

Fluke - nope

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ricky williams is an above average running back with life issues getting in the way... not linebackers and safeties........ he mows them down pretty easily.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If not for the personal problems, I would covet Williams on days I am not playing him and dread him on days that I do.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's the saltpeter Jober. Not sure if that's a band substance in the NFL or if it's used much in the NFL thou.

LOL!!!!