Rico Dowdle downgraded to questionable for Week 11

quickccc

Reaction score
Rico has an ankle injury on the injury report. If RD can't go I'd like to see Luepke get some carries, but this could also be a good opportunity Deuce to show he can play too.
frankly I'd like to see Deuce before Lupe .... electric quickness and lower leg balance .. plus he's so hard to see/locate for defenses

Just wish like hell that Mac had any kind of thought to involve/scheme his RBs into the pass game - and I'm not talkin' about mere dump offs ... I think Pollard, Rico, Deuce and even Hunter could be key big play factors in the
pass game, but this is such a coaching staff that does not believe nor seem like they care much for pass catching RBs.

rambo2

Reaction score
Sure he did fine in college but in the NFL he is just too small to be a well rounded player. I'm 6-0 195
So, you feel the need to call him names? I'm pretty sure that he could kick your ***.

quickccc

Reaction score
Which is one reason he’s been mostly used in mop up duty. Him missing a block could lead to a disaster.
Can't learn how to block if coaches don't want to play you - dont' want to develop you.

BTW, Deuce actually had a nice blitz block vs middle blitz vs Giants.

I recall many flaming Pollard becuz he wasn't a developed, accomplished blitz blocker.
Now he seems more than adequate in that area.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can't learn how to block if coaches don't want to play you - dont' want to develop you.

BTW, Deuce actually had a nice blitz block vs middle blitz vs Giants.

I recall many flaming Pollard becuz he wasn't a developed, accomplished blitz blocker.
Now he seems more than adequate in that area.
We can’t be developing him as a blocker in games that matter. All it could take is one missed block in pass protection and our season is as good as over. We can’t be treating this game tomorrow like a preseason game. If we don’t take this game seriously it could ruin our season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys suffer more injuries in walk-throughs than the Spaniards at the running of the bulls.
Dowdle had this injury prior to the walkthrough. Probably enough doubt about the way he feels today to warrant the "questionable" tag.

It also deserves mention that the NFL no longer allows players to be listed as "probable", so there's still a solid chance he plays.

Mr_437

Reaction score
frankly I'd like to see Deuce before Lupe .... electric quickness and lower leg balance .. plus he's so hard to see/locate for defenses

Just wish like hell that Mac had any kind of thought to involve/scheme his RBs into the pass game - and I'm not talkin' about mere dump offs ... I think Pollard, Rico, Deuce and even Hunter could be key big play factors in the
pass game, but this is such a coaching staff that does not believe nor seem like they care much for pass catching RBs.
I agree, if you know Pollard n Deuce skill set you'd know they can run real routes as a receiver...even Luepke is a good receiver. Maybe McCarthy is saving these aspects of the offense, but I doubt it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If this game goes the way we all hope and Dallas has a big second half lead, I want to see Luepke get some touches. Whether Dowdle plays or not.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Never seen a team suffer so many injuries in walk throughs