Rico Dowdle is Athletic Enough to Be Lead Back

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
that what i would do but the coaches seem set on feeding pollard ....doesn't make a lot of sense to me as Rico is pretty much the last few years Zeke lie zeke now type..
The negative news is I seen something that he landed on the injury list because he sprained his ankle in practice e sprained his ankle in practice the other day..
Dowdle has been downgraded to questionable after the walk through were he picked up the ankle sprain.

75boyz

Reaction score
It's not the runners that are problem, it's the OLine or the run scheme.

Pollard, Dowdle, AND Vaughn should be able to be getting more yards per carry

It almost feels like the Defenses know which run plays are coming and stuff them all
Exactly this. Neither McCheese, or Schott or Solari have the slightest clue in using the most effective run scheme based off their personnel.

It's pathetic considering Schott and Solari's supposed past run game resumes.
And then there's McCheese's infamous offseason "Run the damn ball and rest the defense" BS.

Like I said...
Pathetic.
Just think how we'd look if we knew how to pass AND run.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right? Amazing to me how so many are touting a JAG like Dowdle. Dude is a fringe NFL RB. Phillip Tanner part deux.
Dowdle is a way better than Zeke at this point in their careers.

Zeke is washed.

Dowdle has juice. Easy to see.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
So, I don't want to start any Pollard versus Dowdle negativity. This is about the positive aspects of Rico Dowdle. I've seen people refer to Dowdle as a JAG. To the contrary, he's actually top 20 percent, athletically. He's been in the league for four years now. He was sort of a late bloomer, in my opinion, then he had some injuries that set him back. But over the past several games, his vision is getting better, his instincts are becoming quicker, and he's becoming a more natural runner.

I like to say there are a few positions I'm decent at evaluating and if you ask me, running back is one of them. There's likely no chance this season, since Rico sits at 212 yards on the season. But next season, I can see Rico having a 1,000 yard season.

Before you say my reference to RAS is irrelevant, I would say I agree with you on some levels, but at the end of the day, RAS is a decent measurement that indicates what an effective coach can get out of a player's potential. All I'm saying is that Dowdle does have quite a bit of athleticism, and I'd say his production will only increase as time goes on, especially if the players around him are producing.

Only question is can he stay healthy.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I want more running back by committee. No need to designate anyone a “ starter “ . Play both of them . Pollard needs to be used more in space less between the tackles . Dowdle just the opposite . Really a creative OC can give D fits with the different styles these backs bring .

kskboys

Reaction score
I want more running back by committee. No need to designate anyone a “ starter “ . Play both of them . Pollard needs to be used more in space less between the tackles . Dowdle just the opposite . Really a creative OC can give D fits with the different styles these backs bring .
Especially since we don't have a starter quality RB on the roster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!