Rico Dowdle is showing some speed when he gets an opportunity

jujoboys

Reaction score
I still think we need a power back to compliment Pollard. We have allowed our offense to become a little soft. We need a RB that can light up a LBer every now and one that CBs and safeties cringe when it comes to tackling them. We have got lightning but I would like a little thunder to go with it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I still think we need a power back to compliment Pollard. We have allowed our offense to become a little soft. We need a RB that can light up a LBer every now and one that CBs and safeties cringe when it comes to tackling them. We have got lightning but I would like a little thunder to go with it.
So Zeke?

This RB doesn't really exist in the NFL. AJ Dillon doesn't make this team better.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
HIs foot quickness has been great, if zeke still had that, he'd still be here to be honest, but anyways, we don't use him enough for him to be successful

jujoboys

Reaction score
So Zeke?

This RB doesn't really exist in the NFL. AJ Dillon doesn't make this team better.
Having a RB that can pound it consistently when we need a tough yard on 3rd or 4th downs would help. If we keep banging Pollard up the middle he is going to get hurt. He is not that guy. Can he get the tough yards occasionally? Yes, but i still think we need a guy with a pound it attitude. Kind of like the 49ers have with Jordan Mason. They have McCaffrey for all of the flash and then the 49ers bring Mason in to pound people. Dowdle is more of a Pollard type back. He isn't looking to pound it. We've become too finesse in our run game. Just my opinion.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Having a RB that can pound it consistently when we need a tough yard on 3rd or 4th downs would help. If we keep banging Pollard up the middle he is going to get hurt. He is not that guy. Can he get the tough yards occasionally? Yes, but i still think we need a guy with a pound it attitude. Kind of like the 49ers have with Jordan Mason. They have McCaffrey for all of the flash and then the 49ers bring Mason in to pound people. Dowdle is more of a Pollard type back. He isn't looking to pound it. We've become too finesse in our run game. Just my opinion.
Mason has 21 carries this year. He doesn't do anything and he's only like 5 lbs heavier than Dowdle.

The 49ers are one of the most finesse teams in the league. Everything they do is misdirection and speed, not power.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Mason has 21 carries this year. He doesn't do anything and he's only like 5 lbs heavier than Dowdle.

The 49ers are one of the most finesse teams in the league. Everything they do is misdirection and speed, not power.
Mason and Deebo Samuel get tough yards and run with attitude. It's not always about size. It's about the mental make up of the player. Back in the day Marion Barber was not the biggest guy but he played like he was Earl Campbell when he had the ball in his hands. I just think we need a RB that can pound people some. We have too much of the same type of guys that we are trying to compliment Pollard with. You can keep disagreeing with me and making your points but my opinion won't change. Just look at Pollard's numbers last year when he had a pounder complimenting him.

Btw, Kittle, Deebo, McCaffery, Juszcyk, Aiyuk, etc may play in an offense that is a lot of misdirection but those guys don't play finesse football. They deliver hits to people.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rico will break a long run here one day ,that's what I predict.He will have a big hole to run though eventually.
His longest run from scrimmage so far has been 10 yards. By the way any back in the league could break a long run if they have a big hole. Lol

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

I beg to differ , they are one of the physical teams , look up the record of teams who played niners in recent time and the next match, the record is something like 30 plus loss - 2 wins ( one is ours in LA )

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I beg to differ , they are one of the physical teams , look up the record of teams who played niners in recent time and the next match, the record is something like 30 plus loss - 2 wins ( one is ours in LA )
That doesn't meant anything.