Rico Dowdle is showing some speed when he gets an opportunity

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I totally agree. But I can't tell if it's because he's coming in fresh after Pollard wears them down some. Pollard is taking more plays now where they know it's going to be a run, which is why I keep saying McCarthy should pass more on those first and second downs since we're built to be more of a passing team than a running team.

Don't get ballsy in the redzone when you have a money kicker and you're up, tied or within a few. Take the points. If you're going to get cute, pass on first and second down. Those FGs give your team at least some momentum, and more importantly, confidence.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He’s quick, not fast. He’s really quick to the hole which helps the blockers. That quickness to the hole was what Zeke really lost and why he became so ineffective. Dowdle is a nice #2 back
I wish he was available to play last year.

conner01

Reaction score
Dowdle in the red zone needs some touches .
He does seem to find creases and that’s the thing Zeke was great at. Just a little space and split the defenders. Pollard is great at breaking tackles but at the goal line there’s to much traffic so it’s key to split the defenders not take them on

yentl911

Reaction score
I’d like to see him get more carries

Pollard has been a disappointment to this point

conner01

Reaction score
I’d like to see him get more carries

Pollard has been a disappointment to this point
If the blocking doesn’t improve then running is gonna be hard. Our yards before contact is way less than in the last few years. But also I think stubbornness to run up the middle hurt against chargers. I kept thinking we should try running outside which is where pollard can make big plays

kskboys

Reaction score
So Zeke?

This RB doesn't really exist in the NFL. AJ Dillon doesn't make this team better.
Are you drunk? Derrick Henry. Chubb, Dameon Pierce, Montgomery.

There's a whole list of power backs in the NFL. Man, you really swung and missed on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Are you drunk? Derrick Henry. Chubb, Dameon Pierce, Montgomery.

There's a whole list of power backs in the NFL. Man, you really swung and missed on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I say there aren't power backs? No. I said they don't do what the OP implied.

Three of the guys you listed are pretty useless, relative to other RBs and average less than 4 ypc more often than not. The 4th is hurt. Chubb and Henry are valuable because they've always had the speed to generate big plays, not because they run over LBers.

Power backs simply do not matter unless they have the speed to break big plays. Physical running is a totally irrelevant NFL skillset and philosophy. It's why good teams don't care about it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no cause to be critical of Dowdle -- he's been injured in the past but he's using his quickness to advantage now. Let's just enjoy it, OK? He'll quite possibly be utilized sparingly to avoid a possible return to injury. Yet, there's no harm in hoping for additional depth at RB, though. ;)

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
At present, Dowdle appears to be better than Polly. Maybe Polly just isn't up to speed yet from his injury, IDK, but he sure appears to lack juice.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did I say there aren't power backs? No. I said they don't do what the OP implied.

Three of the guys you listed are pretty useless, relative to other RBs and average less than 4 ypc more often than not. The 4th is hurt. Chubb and Henry are valuable because they've always had the speed to generate big plays, not because they run over LBers.

Power backs simply do not matter unless they have the speed to break big plays. Physical running is a totally irrelevant NFL skillset and philosophy. It's why good teams don't care about it.
Pierce, Chubb, Henry, and Montgomery are useless? Yup, you are drunk.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again, not what I said. Not even close.
Well then try again, because it appears you are claiming that there are no effective powerbacks in the NFL and the few there are have no use whatsoever. I'm actually trying to follow your train of thought here and I'm not succeeding.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well then try again, because it appears you are claiming that there are no effective powerbacks in the NFL and the few there are have no use whatsoever. I'm actually trying to follow your train of thought here and I'm not succeeding.
Try actually reading. I said they are useless RELATIVE TO OTHER RBs. I specifically said it applies to three of them and didn't include Chubb.

Anybody can go into Houston and average 2.9 ypc is the point. These guys don't get you any yards that other backs don't.