Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Reaction score
I'm not saying dumb down the offense. 1st off I don't expect he will get many snaps and if he is on the 48 man roster on game day I think they likely use him to play to his strengths, in terms of blocking while you may not put him directly over the DE or OLB you can line him up and have him come down on the end to help seal off the edge much like Dallas did with Novacek

Send him wide and throw him a WR Screen. You've seen how difficult it is for DB's to get him down. He'll drag them for 5 yd gain every time and break one here and there. As soon as the D sends a LB and/or a safety out there, run Zeke without 8 in the box. Covers up his blocking issues and utilizes his strengths at the same time. Jerruh - I'm available !

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Send him wide and throw him a WR Screen. You've seen how difficult it is for DB's to get him down. He'll drag them for 5 yd gain every time and break one here and there. As soon as the D sends a LB and/or a safety out there, run Zeke without 8 in the box. Covers up his blocking issues and utilizes his strengths at the same time. Jerruh - I'm available !

If he runs it correctly, this is the NFL and while he has some natural athletic talent he still has to run and execute the plays correctly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many Friday's has he been arrested? I don't think that would be my favorite day of the week if I kept getting arrested on it.

Reaction score
I'm not saying dumb down the offense. 1st off I don't expect he will get many snaps and if he is on the 48 man roster on game day I think they likely use him to play to his strengths, in terms of blocking while you may not put him directly over the DE or OLB you can line him up and have him come down on the end to help seal off the edge much like Dallas did with Novacek

If he runs it correctly, this is the NFL and while he has some natural athletic talent he still has to run and execute the plays correctly.

How do you screw up a WR screen. Stand still, catch, run, drag db's.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Yeah ok, I'm sorry I don't see Gathers as some dominate player. He has much to learn to become an legit TE in this league. People list off all these receiving TE but all those players were college TE who excelled at that level and are now excelling at this level. It is like saying just because a WR is really tall or fast he will be great, it takes a lot more than that for these guys to be great players

dallasdave

Reaction score
:clap::clap::clap:Well said indeed SIR :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you assume the defense is going to keep a DB on him. in preseason, in the 3rd and 4th quarter, with 5th and 6 stringers playing and no game planning...yeah he ends up against a DB. in the real season, with game plans, and LBs that can run and pass defense or big safties, I doubt if he ends up against a DB. you way underestimate the defensive coordinators in this league and way over estimate your ability to design a play.

Reaction score
you assume the defense is going to keep a DB on him. in preseason, in the 3rd and 4th quarter, with 5th and 6 stringers playing and no game planning...yeah he ends up against a DB. in the real season, with game plans, and LBs that can run and pass defense or big safties, I doubt if he ends up against a DB. you way underestimate the defensive coordinators in this league and way over estimate your ability to design a play.

That's the whole point. The D coordinators are going to put someone out there with the db's. If it is a 3 wide same side TE screen, and 1 week side WR, then it only leaves 7 max in the box. D has to decide. I want them to use a LB to cover him out there, cause it will be easier for the Oline and Zeke. The point is to get them out of 8 in the box to stop the run. I like our chances of Zeke against 7 in the box.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's the whole point. The D coordinators are going to put someone out there with the db's. If it is a 3 wide same side TE screen, and 1 week side WR, then it only leaves 7 max in the box. D has to decide. I want them to use a LB to cover him out there, cause it will be easier for the Oline and Zeke. The point is to get them out of 8 in the box to stop the run. I like our chances of Zeke against 7 in the box.
so in essence you expect the defensive coordinators to respect Rico so uch that they have to game plan around him!!I don't give rico that much credit. and lots of DBs will be able to stop him...you are not giving these DBs who played football all their life and playing in the NFL enough credit.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don’t smoke weed.

My guess is you don’t understand irrelevance, among others things.

I don’t smoke weed.
Oh yeah? In Post #47 you stated:
"Weed makes everything better.
Even unemployment."

How would you know about that if you don't use it?
And even if it made you feel better today, what about if it kills your career tomorrow like it nearly did to Randy Gregory? How does that equal better?

Your recent posts are a perfect example of irrelevance. Like meaningless name calling, insults, and false accusations about me that you don't know and can't back up, all of which shows you couldn't handle the subject matter so you reverted to mud throwing.
When I posted in #686 "ask Randy Gregory if weed made everything better" the way you said it would, from that point on your posts started going downhill.

That's because you know as well as I do that Randy Gregory's answer today would've killed your post that "Weed makes everything better, even unemployment". It was instrumental in nearly wrecking his career and perhaps more than that.
What he might've thought then vs what he knows now is two different stories. He's put that train wreck behind him, and now he's happy and doing what he want's to do, which is play football for the Dallas Cowboys and he has said so.
I hope he continues on the road he's taking and I wish him great success.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don’t smoke weed.
Oh yeah? In Post #47 you stated:
"Weed makes everything better.
Even unemployment."

How would you know about that if you don't use it?
And even if it made you feel better today, what about if it kills your career tomorrow like it nearly did to Randy Gregory? How does that equal better?

Your recent posts are a perfect example of irrelevance. Like meaningless name calling, insults, and false accusations about me that you don't know and can't back up, all of which shows you couldn't handle the subject matter so you reverted to mud throwing.
When I posted in #686 "ask Randy Gregory if weed made everything better" the way you said it would, from that point on your posts started going downhill.

That's because you know as well as I do that Randy Gregory's answer today would've killed your post that "Weed makes everything better, even unemployment". It was instrumental in nearly wrecking his career and perhaps more than that.
What he might've thought then vs what he knows now is two different stories. He's put that train wreck behind him, and now he's happy and doing what he want's to do, which is play football for the Dallas Cowboys and he has said so.
I hope he continues on the road he's taking and I wish him great success.
You are fancy boy!! Great text color!
:dance:

You amused me for a while, but the season starts tomorrow and I am now done with you.

You are now dismissed.:)

Last edited: