Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I've been very pro Rico but until he does something in the regular season to make me change my mind I think the Cowboys missed an opportunity here to send a message.

The night before cut down day he is doing this, gets caught, and is rewarded with a roster spot with the Dallas Cowboys. Unbelievable.

I agree and the idiot is sitting in his car getting stoned? Damn how stupid can you get.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He sure did. We definitely need 4 TE's on the roster. Plus hes the RKG
What this means is, jerry or stephen or coaches see potential, but then during PS when games dont count, they hardly played him.
It is silly to keep a guy JG doesnt like, because he wont play him.
I would have played rico every game all game, wear him out, and see what he can do, then I could make a decision on
whether to keep him or not.
The way they did it , putting him in at end of games, was pointless.

aria

Reaction score
It’s pretty funny and typical of Jerry when he alluded to Rico possibly not making the roster due to issues not related to the football field then he gets busted smoking weed a couple weeks later and makes the roster. I personally don’t think he should have been cut for smokimg weed but for being so dumb.

Way to send a message Jerry :clap:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s pretty funny and typical of Jerry when he alluded to Rico possibly not making the roster due to issues not related to the football field then he gets busted smoking weed a couple weeks later and makes the roster. I personally don’t think he should have been cut for smokimg weed but for being so dumb.

Way to send a message Jerry :clap:

What did Jerry say before about Rico and issues not related to the football field? I must have missed that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What this means is, jerry or stephen or coaches see potential, but then during PS when games dont count, they hardly played him.
I would have played rico every game all game, wear him out, and see what he can do, then I could make a decision on

Rico didn’t get the snap count of others, but he got as many targets as others. That seems pretty appropriate for a guy who they think can make some plays but they don’t yet trust with all the assignments.

aria

Reaction score
What did Jerry say before about Rico and issues not related to the football field? I must have missed that.
Give me a bit, I’ll go back and try to look for it. Pretty sure it was Jerry, may have been Stephen but regardless....maybe someone here can chime in. He just said it like a week or two ago, it was even brought up in a thread quite a few times.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Cool story bro

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Rico didn’t get the snap count of others, but he got as many targets as others. That seems pretty appropriate for a guy who they think can make some plays but they don’t yet trust with all the assignments.
thats the problem, he will never be a all purpose TE, he needs to just be a target TE.
Only put him in when it is a sure passing down, like 3rd and 6 or more.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Nice deflection.
Ok honey, give me his contact info and I’ll ask him for your records.

However, he has intimated that he used marijuana to treat bipolar disease. He continued to use it after being punished for using so I’d say he felt it worked.

Now I’m guessing you’re assuming he regrets the whole ordeal because that’s what people like you do. They assume they know how someone should feel. He may or may not have felt it was his only choice. That’s the thing with mental health issues. Only the person with the issue really understands what they feel. Luckily for all of us we have some who can tell them how they should feel.

We have no idea if he regrets using the marijuana. If dealing with bipolar was too much and he felt weed was the only thing that made him feel better and possibly help avoid suicide, the worst outcome in some bipolar cases, then I’d say he may have felt it may have been his best and only choice at the time.

Empathy is a real thing. It’s very hard for some to express because of flaws in character/personality.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ok honey, give me his contact info and I’ll ask him for your records.

However, he has intimated that he used marijuana to treat bipolar disease. He continued to use it after being punished for using so I’d say he felt it worked.

Now I’m guessing you’re assuming he regrets the whole ordeal because that’s what people like you do. They assume they know how someone should feel. He may or may not have felt it was his only choice. That’s the thing with mental health issues. Only the person with the issue really understands what they feel. Luckily for all of us we have some who can tell them how they should feel.

We have no idea if he regrets using the marijuana. If dealing with bipolar was too much and he felt weed was the only thing that made him feel better and possibly help avoid suicide, the worst outcome in some bipolar cases, then I’d say he may have felt it may have been his best and only choice at the time.

First, you can stick that "honey" BS where the sun never shines. You want to play "honey" games, you play 'em with somebody else.
Second, maybe you didn't know bipolar issues are medically treatable without Marijuana. In fact some research into Gregory's situation revealed that at one time he was indeed trying to self treat himself with marijuana, but they said that only made matters WORSE, not better. He was also dealing with addiction issues on top of everything else.
Gregory's situation is far better now without the weed, and he knows it. His issues with drugs very nearly cost him his career, and had he not gained control of it, it might have cost him a lot more than that.
I hope he goes on now to a highly successful career for his own sake.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
First, you can stick that "honey" BS where the sun never shines. You want to play "honey" games, you play 'em with somebody else.
Second, maybe you didn't know bipolar issues are medically treatable without Marijuana. In fact some research into Gregory's situation revealed that at one time he was indeed trying to self treat himself with marijuana, but they said that only made matters WORSE, not better. He was also dealing with addiction issues on top of everything else.
Gregory's situation is far better now without the weed, and he knows it. His issues with drugs very nearly cost him his career, and had he not gained control of it, it might have cost him a lot more than that.
I hope he goes on now to a highly successful career for his own sake.
Sorry dear, it won’t happen again.

I have second hand experience. My dad suffers from bipolar disease, depression, and god knows what else after years of “medications”. It started as simple depression.

He has been medicated for years with little to no success. No sustainable lasting success to be sure. He, my family, and I only wish marijuana was a legal option where we live. It has been proven to be THE ONLY treatment that works for some with cognitive issues like seizures and we’d like to have the option to try it after continue failings from pharmaceuticals that have lead to numerous very serious family issues and suiced attempts.

Earlier this year he hallucinated heavily for two weeks and had several episodes. He accused a fireman of running him off the road, yelled and was kicked out of a tire store, left three emergency rooms before treatment because they made him wait and was sent hefty bills. Im leaving consequences which weren’t good. This wonderful time brought to us with the help of a legal new medication culminated in him calling child protective services on my wife and myself. After they went to my sons school and scared the **** out of him and interviewed us they realized he had an issue, but not before putting Ian through hell.

I don’t know if Randy had these issues and that’s why I don’t judge him or his decisions. I try not to judge others without enough info. I feel I have enough on you.

I hope he has a great career starting this Sunday. I also hope sanctimonious people like you realize not everyone has had your experience and not to judge situations and or people that you know nothing about.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats the problem, he will never be a all purpose TE, he needs to just be a target TE.
Only put him in when it is a sure passing down, like 3rd and 6 or more.

Why can’t he be an all purpose TE? Yes, he’s still learning, and he’s not ready for everything now, but assuming he sticks with the team for a few years and continues to learn, why not? It’s not as if he doesn’t have the size and strength for it.