Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why can’t he be an all purpose TE? Yes, he’s still learning, and he’s not ready for everything now, but assuming he sticks with the team for a few years and continues to learn, why not? It’s not as if he doesn’t have the size and strength for it.

I agree the guy is 285, much of the blocking from TE is about leverage, he does not need pancake blocks he needs to be able to seal the edge. I seen a lot of guys much smaller than him learn how to block no reason Gathers can't learn.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Gathers is a waste at this point ... we kept him over a much needed defensive tackle...

lukin2006

Reaction score
But with the Earl talk simmering down we would have nothing to fantasize about.

This is another epic fail by our FO ... did they not realize that Witten's career would end sooner than later, they wait till guys are crippled before thinking of their replacements...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Sorry dear, it won’t happen again.

Dear??? That's what all that weed has done for you....it's making you delusional.
All I suggested was "Ask Randy Gregory if weed made everything better" and you wrote an irrelevant book and got delusional.
Man you need to get away from that stuff dude.
Maybe you could get a job with the Cowboys, they hire guys with problems. LOL

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dear??? That's what all that weed has done for you....it's making you delusional.
All I suggested was "Ask Randy Gregory if weed made everything better" and you wrote an irrelevant book and got delusional.
Man you need to get away from that stuff dude.
Maybe you could get a job with the Cowboys, they hire guys with problems. LOL
I don’t smoke weed.

My guess is you don’t understand irrelevance, among others things.

Your moronic “ask Randy” question was long ago. Your more recent ill informed statements about what “treatment” should be used. Is why I shared an experience with you. Hoping to enlighten you on a complicated mental disease and it’s treatments failings for many.

If you can’t understand how it explains how I have direct knowledge of bipolar and some of its failed treatments, which you insisted should work for Randy, then I’m not sure you should be allowed to use the Internet by yourself.

You’re an ill informed know-it-all. (That’s the worst kind). I see why you have trouble following my posts.Randy smoked weed because it made him feel better...normal. He’s said as much. You don’t pay attention well. I doubt it’s your fault.

While you're out on the lake somehow outsmarting fish take a little time to gain some perspective and realize some have different circumstance than you.

Your angry reaction to honey and dear is telling. They are endearing terms. Why do they bother you?;)

Last edited:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Gathers is a waste at this point ... we kept him over a much needed defensive tackle...

Wow, in all of the games he played this season and he’s already a waste. Great to know. How are we to ever finish the season with such a waste at TE.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Wow, in all of the games he played this season and he’s already a waste. Great to know. How are we to ever finish the season with such a waste at TE.

He is a suspension waiting to happen. Gee, Philadelphia already had a good TE and they get another in the 2nd round. You would think some of you would look at what Philadelphia has done in just a short time to realize there is no plan, except to be cheap...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
He is a suspension waiting to happen. Gee, Philadelphia already had a good TE and they get another in the 2nd round. You would think some of you would look at what Philadelphia has done in just a short time to realize there is no plan, except to be cheap...

Oh he is a suspension waiting to happen, even though he hasn’t been suspended once in the last two seasons? Unlike our starting RB....

Oh I guess drafting a TE in the second round when you have a good one means you have a plan...I seem to recall us doing that not once, not twice, but three times...maybe we decided that we should try a different plan.

But hey whatever...Eagles win a SB and we should immediately imitate them in everything that they do, and somehow expect to be better then them. Don’t know how that works but I got you now.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score

A Cowboys fan ruing that we did not pick a TE with a second round pick is the pinnacle of irony.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I didn't want to read all 36 pages here, but what the hell happened with the marijuana possession allegations against Gathers? I've been expecting to see that he's being suspended. What have you guys heard? Was it his, not his, was he given a drug test, what gives?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree the guy is 285, much of the blocking from TE is about leverage, he does not need pancake blocks he needs to be able to seal the edge. I seen a lot of guys much smaller than him learn how to block no reason Gathers can't learn.

He does not have any physical problems blocking.

His blocking issues are all mental. Block the correct defender and block him in the correct direct.

If he dominates a defender and drives him back a few yards it's still a fail if he drove him towards the middle of the line on an inside run. That is something I saw him do. Rico and the defender ended up right in the RBs path. On that play he must beat the defender to the inside even if he can't get a great block.

His blocking was much better this preseason than last. They just need to keep it simple for him. No need to have him motioning across the backfield or lining up as an H-back or FB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He does not have any physical problems blocking.

His blocking issues are all mental. Block the correct defender and block him in the correct direct.

If he dominates a defender and drives him back a few yards it's still a fail if he drove him towards the middle of the line on an inside run. That is something I saw him do. Rico and the defender ended up right in the RBs path. On that play he must beat the defender to the inside even if he can't get a great block.

His blocking was much better this preseason than last. They just need to keep it simple for him. No need to have him motioning across the backfield or lining up as an H-back or FB.

Fully agree. You are right coaches need to make it simpler for him but he also has to put in the work and the desire to improve.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fully agree. You are right coaches need to make it simpler for him but he also has to put in the work and the desire to improve.
They kept it simple for MartyB all 4 years he was here. He was physically very good as a blocker but they avoided having him motion across the backfield or line up as an H-Back or FB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I assume they already are making it simpler for him, and that's why he didn't get the snap count others did in preseason, but still had as many targets. They likely pick and choose when and how to use him so he doesn't have to be prepared for everything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I assume they already are making it simpler for him, and that's why he didn't get the snap count others did in preseason, but still had as many targets. They likely pick and choose when and how to use him so he doesn't have to be prepared for everything.

sooner or later he will. I hope he can improve himself as a player if he doesn't I don't see his career lasting long.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't disagree. its about knowing who to block and knowing your blocking assignments. given his penchant for the weed, it explains why he has had trouble remembering plays and his assignments.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so we should dumb down the offense for Rico.... why?

I think its Rico's responsibility to learn. it seems that everybody else is capable of doing so by putting in the work...not smoking it up

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think its Rico's responsibility to learn. it seems that everybody else is capable of doing so by putting in the work...not smoking it up

No, you don't dumb down the offense for him, you just limit when and how you use him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I'm not saying dumb down the offense. 1st off I don't expect he will get many snaps and if he is on the 48 man roster on game day I think they likely use him to play to his strengths, in terms of blocking while you may not put him directly over the DE or OLB you can line him up and have him come down on the end to help seal off the edge much like Dallas did with Novacek