Rico getting Red Zone passes in practice

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
This is checkmate and the perfect time to unleash this talent. This is a shrewd tactic by JG, late enough in the game to have an element of surprise, but a little too late for remaining teams to prepare. This is crimson brilliance at its best;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
GkT677d.jpg

Rico Gathers was seen getting redzone passes thrown to him in practice. Is this a sign of what's potentially to come against the Rams, and is it a good idea to use him now in the playoffs since Rico has hardly been used throughout the season?

What say you?
Jarwin is hitting his stride and they'd pull something like that? Dash and low splash, blokes!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
GkT677d.jpg

Rico Gathers was seen getting redzone passes thrown to him in practice. Is this a sign of what's potentially to come against the Rams, and is it a good idea to use him now in the playoffs since Rico has hardly been used throughout the season?

What say you?
What could possibly go wrong?

Blackrain

Reaction score
GkT677d.jpg

What say you?

AC I say I have been waiting for this all year . This is the game to pull the stops out shoot the works and let him be the redzone weapon he was drafted to be . He has to create a mismatch and has not been used all year so they are not really expecting it .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
AC I say I have been waiting for this all year . This is the game to pull the stops out shoot the works and let him be the redzone weapon he was drafted to be . He has to create a mismatch and has not been used all year so they are not really expecting it .
Totally agree, brother Blackrain.

My only issue with Rico (and I love me some Rico because I can sense his potential) is that he needs to get MEAN!!! If I had his body, size and athletic ability, I would be outmuscleing, overpowering and manhandling all DBs and LBs I would go against. I truly believe that's all Rico needs is to find that meanness inside him. Pray he uses his size and physical abilities to his advantage. No more softness. Go hard and dominate, Rico!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Totally agree, brother Blackrain.

My only issue with Rico (and I love me some Rico because I can sense his potential) is that he needs to get MEAN!!! If I had his body, size and athletic ability, I would be outmuscleing, overpowering and manhandling all DBs and LBs I would go against. I truly believe that's all Rico needs is to find that meanness inside him. Pray he uses his size and physical abilities to his advantage. No more softness. Go hard and dominate, Rico!

Im with you if he can just get some attitude and confidence , he is a weapon every D coordinator would fear This could be his time we have had a couple players come in and make a difference this year Cooper and Sua Filo . Rico could light things up because all the tape is of him blocking all year nobody really expecting this or any tape to prepare for it .

Im excited would love to see him become Daks Witten and break this game wide open

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Instead of beating our heads into a wall trying to throw to Noah Brown in the red zone, why not give Rico those snaps?
I’m don’t think I’m overestimating Rico(like many of us have done)when I say if that was him on the KJ Wright PI INT, KJ wouldn’t have been able to get close enough to touch the ball and it would’ve been a relatively easy catch.

He’s too big and strong and basketball players know how to position their bodies to ward off the defender. Brown didn’t.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The second best way to attack the Rams after the run is to throw to the TE. The Rams are weak at LB but strong every where else on D! Would be fun to see Jarwin and Rico shredding the Rams.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
GkT677d.jpg

What say you?
Cowboys will never let this go

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
GkT677d.jpg

What say you?
could be or could be a decoy, giving rams something else to worry about and taking time away from other areas they need to focus.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think it's to go bigger blocking and passing in the red zone with Brown and Gathers at WR and TE.

Also to have a plan B at both positions since we have injuries at both positions and need depth.

With Rico and Noah Brown out there you don't know if we're running or passing at this point, especially in the red zone.