Video: Rico's TD and diving catch and roll

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They need to ramp it up with him and do whatever they got to do to accelerate his growth as a player.

His speed is something else. The guy should not be able to accelerate like that at his size haha.
He doesn't move like someone that's that size. He sort of runs like how I'd expect a running back too......it's a small sample size but he should be growing as a player on the 53 man roster and I've seen enough to where I'd rather have him than Swaim.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The amount of confidence gained by Rico last night will be huge for him. Especially since he was able to score. I agree with dogunwo he should play all preseason. It looks like it would be a mistake cutting him because the Cowboys probably wouldn't get him back to the PS.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His acceleration and speed are huge. Has wiggle in space......which is crazy for a man of his size. Also has great reflexes, the ability to dive got a catch, roll over, stand up and break a tackle was awesome. With Dez and Williams blocking he might have took that to the house

John813

Reaction score
Definitely can see the potential for him as a pass catcher. I think if he can keep it up in the preseason it would be wise to use him in the passing game this year. Even if he is a poor blocker. His size and quickness will be a challenge for linebackers.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Reps reps reps reps. 4 more preseason games to go. I think he can really help us in the passing game this year. He's got good speed for his size. Blocking he's a year away , having him on the active roster this year will only speed up the process.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems he has some good hands and once he catches the ball, he will be hard to tackle. Especially if he does a catch and run, he will be even more of a beast.
I just hope he keeps it up, and not have a bad game the next game. Not sure on his blocking, will rely on the film guru's to break that part down.

Very encouraging though. I put him back on my 53 after last night.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
They need to ramp it up with him and do whatever they got to do to accelerate his growth as a player.

His speed is something else. The guy should not be able to accelerate like that at his size haha.

He hadn't played football since grade school right? The coaching staff is doing everything they can to get him up to speed. Look at where he was last year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He doesn't move like someone that's that size. He sort of runs like how I'd expect a running back too......it's a small sample size but he should be growing as a player on the 53 man roster and I've seen enough to where I'd rather have him than Swaim.

Heres the thing.

Swaim is really good at setting the edge and Zeke is a back that will benefit greatly from a guy like that.

Wittens blocking isn't what it was so we really need a guy who can set the edge in our run game.

Rico definitely has the talent to be that guy as well but right now some of the stuff still looks unnatural to him.

2 to 3 years from now they should really have something with Rico but they have 4 weeks to really ramp up his progression.

Find a handful of things he is good at and use him in those situations.

It looks like he can get up and get a football and he can chew up yards quick so drag routes and naked boot legs should be good. You would also think he could dominate the seems downfield like Gronk.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He hadn't played football since grade school right? The coaching staff is doing everything they can to get him up to speed. Look at where he was last year

They've done a great job... Now they need to do more. They need to accelerate this guys growth as quick as possible cause he could be an animal for us.

Just simply getting the ball in his hands with that speed could benefit us. He gets that big body up to top speed quick.