Ridiculous Draft!

Eskimo

Reaction score
Angus;2502823 said:
And Walden would have contributed too if he had been kept, as he should have been.

:cool:

Yeah, Jerry tried to get cute again there and sneak a player we really wanted to keep onto the PS.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2502821 said:
wooooaaaa, settle down there boy.

The Emmitt Smith draft was by far, the best. got us 3 Superbowls. Care to revisit the details on that one????????

Let us win a Superbowl here, then talk. Reminds me of the old story about the "old Bull, Young Bull"......

I've got 7 years of College, remember that

:star: :star: :star:

He said one of the best, not the best. And I agree with him.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
bobtheflob;2502857 said:
He said one of the best, not the best. And I agree with him.

it was good, but he said

I think this draft will rank up there with some of our best ever when it's all said

4 more Superbowls will make him right. Doesn't make this draft not good, which I agree it is. the part of "best ever" made my 7 years of College kick in and doubt that...

;)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2502782 said:
and we can probably get a 1st out of that draft in the future (Choice)

I guess anything is possible but I doubt it and why would we want to trade a RB that's worth a first. They don't have long shelf lives to start with. It's not the same as any other position in the NFL.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Many around here blasted this draft that weekend. Couldn't figure out why we dealed Fasano to pick up another TE. Couldn't figure out why we drafted 2 RBs and Felix Jones over Mendenhall. Plus 2 more CBs....... I no longer rate drafts on draft day. Even doing so after 1 year is too early. After all is said and done, it looks like Greg Ellis was a fantastic pick after all. How many years did we doubt that pick. So far, looks to be an excellent draft and drafting a second RB doesn't look like too shaby of an idea now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hey, I wasn't happy about Felix at first. But I was kool after they drafted TC. And they went in looking for CBs. They just got real lucky Scandrick was there.

And Fasano is much better than Curtis, BTW.

Undisputed

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2502999 said:
Four draft picks have scored tds this season. Isn't that cool?

It isn't just the fact that they scored the TDs, but what the TDs meant to us. We may not beat Philly without Felix. Or beat the Commanders without Bennett. Or the Giants without Choice.

Gotta love these guys.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2502806 said:
Sold it a couple years ago. It was a painful experience. I still have nightmares.

Tell me about it. I had a '69 Camero Convertible with both the RS and SS equipment. White with orange and black houndstooth upholstery. I sold it when we had our 1st daughter and had to haul a playpen around. I still kick myself every time I think about it.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
First thing I thought .... when I started reading this ....

To Miami ...

2 Starters (I know Fasano wouldn't have started for us but neither has Bennett)
Fasano - 28 catches - 368 yrd's and 4TD's
Ayodele - 66 Tackles - 2 INT's - 3 PD and 1 FR

To Dallas ...

4th round pick (4-1 #100) which went to Oakland for ... I don't remember .... for some reason it still looks like the short end of the stick in this deal to me .... :huh:..... I DO HOWEVER think it was a B+ draft

BTW .... Bennett - 18 catches - 269 yrd's and 4 TD's

Manster68

Reaction score
gmoney112;2502778 said:
i think it had more to do with wade!

I think it had more to do with Parcells teaching Jerry and the scouting department what to look for in terms of finding players with talent that will not end up negatively on the news.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry's record over almost two decades isn't overwhelming. Even a broken clock is right once a day (not twice, counting AM and PM.).
Sooner or later, every teams draft is going to "hit" with the better half being productive.
This class, certainly is going to yield great rewards over the years.
But, the criticism about Jerry is correct, given the years he's insisted on picking talent in the draft. It's overwhelmingly been disappointing, bust upon bust. Bobby Carpenter anyone?????

I wouldn't trade Jerry as an Owner any day of the week. He's the Steinbrenner of the NFL and will pay anything and do everything to field a winner. I appreciate that. But picking talent??? There's a lot there left on the table and "wanting".

He has enough money and resources to leave this procedure to better men.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We had an outstanding rookie class. No doubt about that. Everyone of them has stepped up and helped in some form this season.

But, hey, that can't be true since Jone sucks as a GM and he's the single greatest reason the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, right?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
dmq;2502937 said:
Many around here blasted this draft that weekend. Couldn't figure out why we dealed Fasano to pick up another TE. Couldn't figure out why we drafted 2 RBs and Felix Jones over Mendenhall. Plus 2 more CBs....... I no longer rate drafts on draft day. Even doing so after 1 year is too early. After all is said and done, it looks like Greg Ellis was a fantastic pick after all. How many years did we doubt that pick. So far, looks to be an excellent draft and drafting a second RB doesn't look like too shaby of an idea now.

Hindsight is wonderful, no?
Well, at the time it made no sense to trade a veteran TE for a rookie with a draft pick we'd have to burn.
Choice was an unknown. How many like him have fizzed out in training camp?
Skandrick and Jenkins seemed too little too late in the draft, and this was a secondary in dire need.
Felix was a safe choice, IMHO.

The thing about the draft was that a WR was expected early and then the awful feeling set in that we'd have only Brad to back up Romo.

Like I said, hindsight is great.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2502806 said:
Sold it a couple years ago. It was a painful experience. I still have nightmares.

As well you should. I hope you stay up at night in your bed holding your blanket and crying to yourself.

You never sell a car like that. :mad:

;) My pops has 68 RS/SS - Tangarine Orange w/ White Rally Stripes - GOR JUS

Last summer I was able to drive a real Yenko.

It had just got off the barge and the guy needed some tranny work done ASAP. I hooked him up w/ my buddy's shop here in town. They took real good care of him. He called me later and asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive once the work was complete.

Drove like a dream.

427 w/ M-21 4-speed tranny and 4.10 posi

Amazing car

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Angus;2502826 said:
No, keep Choice. If somebody has to be traded, make it Barber.

:star: I like Barber but will not have the long term impact of Choice.

Hopefully the cap goes away and we keep all 3:D