Ring of Honor: Ware will get in before Jimmy?

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think he would have, because he would have demanded total autonomy and control, which Jerry wouldn't have agreed to. If somehow the two of them could have sat down, before any of the animosity set in, and worked it out in a way that would make both of them look brilliant, maybe. But that would have required both of them to put their goals above their egos.
Agreed. I mean, the whole premise would have been based on Jerry giving Jimmy total control like he did previously and with Jerry behaving accordingly. This is what making Jimmy the GM would have implied. Of course, we are all aware of the reality.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He is exactly right - Jimmy is beloved and Jerry is not. Jimmy is also a reminder to everyone that Jerry has failed to do squat without Jimmy. You could add in that Jerry is also a vain, insecure person that needs all the credit. I’m happy to give him all the credit he deserves for 26 years of failure.
Jerry wanted the credit as the GM. If he gets the credit for our success then he gets the failure too. 26 years of it.

nobody

Reaction score
On previous threads about this matter, I have posted this:
Jones has told his children that if he passes before Johnson, they can induct him in the immediate future.
If Johnson passes before Jones- then Johnson will be inducted posthumously.

I think this is the case because Jerry doesn't want to give Jimmy a chance to embarrass him during an official Cowboys ceremony...and Jerry is petty.

I also think he didn't like that he was basically cornered into agreeing into inducting Johnson...further cementing his ire.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Jerry knows everyone blames him for the break up. The affection everyone has for Jimmy and the hate many fans have for Jerry isn’t helping to sway him into putting Jimmy in the ROH. Their break up was clearly a result of a clash of egos. They both wanted the credit for the teams success. I think we all got the feeling back in the day that not only did Jerry want to own the team but he also wanted to coach it at least some. He took credit for a trade that Jimmy made. Jimmy admitted in an interview that it pissed him off. Jerry and Jimmy were butting heads like a couple of billy goats and it was inevitable their relationship wasn’t going to end well. They act like they’re in love with each other in public but it’s a façade. Just this past season Jimmy was critical of some things with the Cowboys and this isn’t helping his chances of getting in the ROH.

That's because Jerry is petty. His ego and wanting to be accepted as a "football guy" has driven almost every decision he's made with this team. Hiring beta coaches (so he can meddle in the on field play and get the credit if we win), personnel decisions (you notice that he gives his draft picks more than ample enough time to fail) see Conner Williams, Jaylon Smith, Jason Garrett and now Kellen Moore. He keeps them around longer because if they succeed he can say that he was the one that took a chance on them when no one else would.

Jerry doesn't understand that the reason Jimmy is still so relevant is that they are the last Super Bowl winning team we've had. If Jerry would've won a couple of Super Bowls in the 2000s, the 90s Cowboys and Jimmy would not cast such a big shadow.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You don't publicly snub your boss who simply wants to toast the team's success if you're not trying to get yourself fired.

Jimmy Johnson orchestrated his departure from Dallas. He even said so, i.e., he never liked staying in one place for long.
But he did it this way so Jerry could pay him on his way out the door. If he would have simply said he was tired and wanted to move on, Jerry keeps the money owed Jimmy, especially since Jimmy didn't want to retire for good but wanted to retire to coach a Florida team.

Jerry is an egotistical maniac who meddles too much in football affairs and is the sole reason why the team hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl in 26 years and counting.

But I cannot blame him for firing Jimmy Johnson. Let's stop making him a martyr. Jimmy knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Having said that, yes, he belongs in the Ring of Honor. I think Jerry will ultimately put him in, but he's going to make Jimmy sweat it out a little while.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
ware deserves his spot.
so does jimmy.
and too tall.
and big harvey.
and everson walls.
and cornell green.
and jethro pugh.
and ralph neely.
and nate newton.
and darren woodson.

J_Allen

Reaction score
You don't publicly snub your boss who simply wants to toast the team's success if you're not trying to get yourself fired.

Jimmy Johnson orchestrated his departure from Dallas. He even said so, i.e., he never liked staying in one place for long.
But he did it this way so Jerry could pay him on his way out the door. If he would have simply said he was tired and wanted to move on, Jerry keeps the money owed Jimmy, especially since Jimmy didn't want to retire for good but wanted to retire to coach a Florida team.

Jerry is an egotistical maniac who meddles too much in football affairs and is the sole reason why the team hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl in 26 years and counting.

But I cannot blame him for firing Jimmy Johnson. Let's stop making him a martyr. Jimmy knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Having said that, yes, he belongs in the Ring of Honor. I think Jerry will ultimately put him in, but he's going to make Jimmy sweat it out a little while.

I couldn't have said it any better.

We can't really blame Jerry for the firing, but we can blame him for destroying what Jimmy built in less than 2 years.

Cmac

Reaction score
....and the curse will continue. JJ is downright slime. No humbleness at all.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I think Jimmy has informed JJ that he does not want to be in the ROH too little too late