RIP Barbara Bush

kimrose

Reaction score
Oh, I am so shocked! When they announced yesterday that she would go on comfort care and was refusing any more treatment, I thought it would be months before illness claimed her. My goodness. I have loved and admired Mrs. Bush since I was a young girl in the early '80s. I grew up looking up to her (along with Mother Teresa and Princess Diana). She was the epitome of class and real woman, nothing fake about her and no pretenses to speak of. I love her dearly and my heart is broken. :(

RIP Mama Bush. :starspin:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One of the classiest first ladies of all time. She will be missed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oh, I am so shocked! When they announced yesterday that she would go on comfort care and was refusing any more treatment, I thought it would be months before illness claimed her. My goodness. I have loved and admired Mrs. Bush since I was a young girl in the early '80s. I grew up looking up to her (along with Mother Teresa and Princess Diana). She was the epitome of class and real woman, nothing fake about her and no pretenses to speak of. I love her dearly and my heart is broken. :(

RIP Mama Bush. :starspin:

I've never know the refusal of at least cancer treatment to last a long time. My grandfather (90 years) refused cancer treatment. He was gone in just under a month. My mother passed too. She fought for a year and finally refused too. Less than a month and she was gone. Given her cancer type (esophageal cancer) and the awful survival rate. It was tough. You knew it was going to be an awful and extremely painful fight while having less than 10% chance of winning. I didn't know if I wanted her to give up or fight early on. That thought/feeling just got worse and the days / months passed. When she finally said I'm done, I was both very happy and extremely sad.

Me personally. Well, I'm racing to the box. If you're going to go out. Do it fast and furious!