RIP Barbara Bush

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I don't remember her much as a first lady, as I was in my late teens, and not big into politics. I do know though, that she was highly reveted for her time in the DC, as well as her time afterwards. Even those who opposed her political views spoke highly of her. She made such a positive impact on the lives of so many people. We lost a great American tonight. RIP and Gos Bless First Lady Bush.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
d

Great lady class act even though it was not an act Rip you will be missed

Last edited:

kimrose

Reaction score
I've never know the refusal of at least cancer treatment to last a long time. My grandfather (90 years) refused cancer treatment. He was gone in just under a month. My mother passed too. She fought for a year and finally refused too. Less than a month and she was gone. Given her cancer type (esophageal cancer) and the awful survival rate. It was tough. You knew it was going to be an awful and extremely painful fight while having less than 10% chance of winning. I didn't know if I wanted her to give up or fight early on. That thought/feeling just got worse and the days / months passed. When she finally said I'm done, I was both very happy and extremely sad.
Me personally. Well, I'm racing to the box. If you're going to go out. Do it fast and furious!

Oh my friend Sam. I am so sorry to hear of the losses you have been through. Nothing equates or otherwise gives credence to the pain and anger of watching one you love suffering, while knowing there is nothing you can f'ing do about it! Lost both my parents and my brother to cancer, and my grandfather as well years before. Lost my sister, 9 weeks after our dad died, of a heart attack. Gave up my nursing career over it, too, after caring for my parents and losing them and then my sister so suddenly, I just had nothing left to give (my brother died 5 years afterward). My only surviving sibling now has cancer. I haven't been to the doc in years, and I'm planning on keeping it that way! I don't want to know until it's time to know. You know??;)

But I did not know that Mrs.Bush had cancer. I wondered if she did, though, the way they said she was refusing any more medical care or treatment. If so, it makes perfect sense. But I did not expect her to go this quickly, regardless. Less than 24 hours?? I just knew she had Graves Disease and an occasional hospital trip with ailments here and there. If she's been battling cancer, it's no wonder she said enough. You and I both know what that entails. :(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oh I didn't mean to infer she (Mrs. Bush) had cancer, though I wouldn't doubt it for one second.

Wow, that's rough there Kim. Yeah, it's tough though while I only mentioned two. There have been more, but not quite your story. I feel for your losses. Which is probably why I call my family maybe once every three months. Though I'm kind of a recluse anyhow. Give me my household family. That's enough people for me.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
RIP
Heard about her health a few days ago.
Me too. They say you know when your time is done on this Earth. Mrs. Bush stated she didn't want anymore doctors visits etc....
That made me think she knew her time was finished.

It won't be long before Mr. Bush passes as well. We had an old couple at church married for 55yrs. Don then lost his wife Pat. Within a week, Don had passed in his sleep.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Me too. They say you know when your time is done on this Earth. Mrs. Bush stated she didn't want anymore doctors visits etc....
That made me think she knew her time was finished.

It won't be long before Mr. Bush passes as well. We had an old couple at church married for 55yrs. Don then lost his wife Pat. Within a week, Don had passed in his sleep.
Wow one week is fast.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I love the stories from all of the family. W said she once asked a Dr. if she knew what was wrong with him. Then responded with,"I drank and smoked while I was pregnant." And laughed.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is more than just the passing of our once beloved first Lady. This is one more loss of the greatest generation. She was my favorite first Lady along with Nancy Reagan.