RIP Champ Dickerson

fgoodwin

Reaction score
I'm seeing unconfirmed reports on Facebook that Anthony "Champ" Dickerson died earlier today. He was a LB for the Cowboys from 1980-84. Also played in the CFL and for the Bills (1985). I'll post a link to an obituary as soon as I can find one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
RIP...

I have to admit when I saw this I thought it was Eric Dickerson.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
920x920.jpg

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
RIP Anthony Dickerson.

I was only six when he played his last season for the Cowboys, but as a team history nerd I know who he was.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
#51. Remember him well. He recorded the winning safety against the saints on a Monday night in 1984. Dramatic comeback.

I was watching that game at a friends house. Got mad and left with about 5 minutes left. Got home, turned on the TV and the Cowboys were jumping up and down in the end zone celebrating. Thanks for the memories Champ.

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
I was watching that game at a friends house. Got mad and left with about 5 minutes left. Got home, turned on the TV and the Cowboys were jumping up and down in the end zone celebrating. Thanks for the memories Champ.
RIP.

I remember the game. Danny White came in for the second half to replace the injured/ ineffective Hogeboom. It was a Special Sunday Night Game.

scottsp

Reaction score
Yeah, AD was an SMU kid, sort of a smallish (but fast) OLB on Stautner’s defense.

That sack on Ken Stabler vs the Saints in ‘83 was the game saver for Dallas in Irving that afternoon. Neither offense was doing much that day.

I remember Morten Andersen clearing a 45-yard FG by quite a bit - looked as if he could have hit from 70 that day. And then the Dickerson blitz, dropping Snake in the end zone to win it.

RIP #51

Last edited: