RIP Gale Sayers

Aven8

Reaction score
Now that’s a man I wouldn’t mind him taking it out of the end zone on kickoffs every time.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Absolutely electric player. Once scored six touchdowns in a game against the 49ers. Had modern surgical techniques been available when he wrecked his knee, perhaps his career wouldn't have been as short. RIP to the Kansas Comet.
Absolutely, RIP and hope your having a great game of catch with Mr. Piccolo.

489174425d32715eb7f80356655ae38b.jpg

pitt33

Reaction score
A groundbreaking RB in the NFL. Amazing cutting ability with speed. All the while running on less than perfect grass surfaces. One could only imagine him on artificial turf.

And how about the Bears drafting him and Dick Butkus with the first two picks in the ‘65 draft? Just may be the greatest first two picks in NFL history.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Brian’s Song. Greatest football movie ever. RIP......
Was a teenager when that 'TV movie' was aired. NOBODY who watched that production I knew said they did not a least shed a tear - if they didn't outright bawled and used up a box of tissues.
GAYLE Sayers was absolutely an iconic legend in the NFL. His feats on the gridiron in college and professional football should be noted and given proper respect on his passing earlier today.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He was the 1st great RB of his amazing type talent I saw as a kid. Before the likes of OJ, Dorsett, Sanders and Walter. Jim Brown was the most dominant but Gayle the most enjoyable with moves we’d never seen before.

His injuries cut his career short but the impacts are forever lasting. He still remains the youngest player ever inducted into the Pro Football HOF.

When I read the story in my paper this morning I was surprised he was only 77.