News: RIP Janet Hill (Calvin's wife)

Motorola

Reaction score
Sorry, but how is this Fanzone, football news?
Calvin Hill was the second (Don Perkins was the first) great Cowboys running back.
A first round draft pick that reflected the acumen that Gil Brandt and Tom Landry had for finding players not from the traditional collegiate powers. His acomplishments as a player for Dallas are ROH worthy in my opinion.
The late Mrs. Hill and her husband Calvin were notable and active in the community during his playing career.
A respectful post about a person that was part of the Cowboys past.
The official team site deemed it worthy to post the sad news...and a CZ member felt it deserving here.

Motorola

Reaction score
RIP Janet. Unfortunate Calvin's injuries impacted his career so much, could have been very good.
He was very, very good at the beginning.
NFL Rookie of the Year
NFL All-Pro 1st Team & 2nd Team twice each

And --- that Cowboys RB Great was well-known by "hurdling" \ jumping over would-be NFL opponent tacklers nearly five decades before a current Dallas RB did during his first couple of seasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Calvin Hill was the second (Don Perkins was the first) great Cowboys running back.
A first round draft pick that reflected the acumen that Gil Brandt and Tom Landry had for finding players not from the traditional collegiate powers. His acomplishments as a player for Dallas are ROH worthy in my opinion.
The late Mrs. Hill and her husband Calvin were notable and active in the community during his playing career.
A respectful post about a person that was part of the Cowboys past.
The official team site deemed it worthy to post the sad news...and a CZ member felt it deserving here.

Why are you telling me this? This is for the "off topic" zone.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Sorry, but how is this Fanzone, football news?
I for one am a fan of Calvin Hill. I respected what Mrs.Hill and he ,did raising Grant Hill. While living in Reston Va, I had the extreme pleasure
Of playing basketball with Grant (he was an 11th grader at South Lakes H.S. So yeah this is fanzone, football News.
RIP Mrs Hill

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-family-issues-statement-on-janet-hill

Seen this on the mothership site.
Did not see anything on this until now.

I loved watching Calvin Hill play. One of the good ones in. a long list of great RB's.
Calvin was a long time consultant with Dallas as a consultant of player development. Came on in the late 90's to do so.

R.I.P. dear lady.
Look what you and your family gave to the world: a HOF and ROH-worthy RB, a great NBA player and a family that always showed elegance, grace and set a civilized tone in public.
We owe you much, dear lady.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is a football site. Its bad enough having to see the "happy Bday Dak" threads. Now we get a thread every time some family member of a former player dies?

That is an "off topic" thread.

My life is awesome. :thumbup:
When your time comes we'll put you in the History Zone.
Of course Janet is important.
It is not as if she were Rogers' estranged mom or Pac-man Jones' or Dez's mom.
Janet Hill was a great mom and great citizen and she matters!

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-family-issues-statement-on-janet-hill

Seen this on the mothership site.
Did not see anything on this until now.

I loved watching Calvin Hill play. One of the good ones in. a long list of great RB's.
Calvin was a long time consultant with Dallas as a consultant of player development. Came on in the late 90's to do so.

Very sad,,, prayers out to Calvin and family. Calvin is one of my favorite Cowboys, loved how he would fight for that extra yardage.

Big D

Reaction score
Calvin HIll was my very first favorite cowboys player. Condolences to him and his family.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I for one am a fan of Calvin Hill. I respected what Mrs.Hill and he ,did raising Grant Hill. While living in Reston Va, I had the extreme pleasure
Of playing basketball with Grant (he was an 11th grader at South Lakes H.S. So yeah this is fanzone, football News.
RIP Mrs Hill

LIke Hill and respect his wife. This isnt football news. Thats just my opinion. Clearly its not a popular one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Calvin is still associated with the Dallas Cowboys as a consultant who specializes in working with troubled players.

Football news I consider information about the current team. Players and coaches having to do with playing the game.

Thats just my opinion. If we are going to make a post when every family member dies of every former player, the board would look ridiculous.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Football news I consider information about the current team. Players and coaches having to do with playing the game.

Thats just my opinion. If we are going to make a post when every family member dies of every former player, the board would look ridiculous.
Understood but this isn’t just a former player . He’s still working for the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Understood but this isn’t just a former player . He’s still working for the Cowboys.

I get it. I just dont see how that makes a difference.

Its just me buddy. I wanna talk football. These off topic type happy Bday threads just seem too fan clubby for me.

Its not like the players come on here to see it. LOL