***Rip on Romo Thread***

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4158331 said:
I am not a Moderator on the forums. I am a Cowboys fan with strong opinions, same as anyone else. I hate Moderating. I want people to act like adults. I want people to accept the fact that their opinions are not going to get 100% approval ratings. I never want to see people called idiots. I actually don't like seeing Cowboys fans called trolls, but some of them are. They come here solely for the chance to stir up crap.

Have you ever heard announcers say that if you don't talk about the Referees it was probably a well called game? Same thing here. This staff hates to be dragged into the topics. How we Moderate is not a topic. We do it behind closed doors via PMs. That is Moderation.

The most unfortunate thing about being a Moderator is that people won't allow you to disagree with them. That is oppression by the man. Trust me when I say this, if I had never accepted the role I play on the staff here I would still be controversial, but some people would actually get over it.

I long for that day more than anyone here will ever know. I continue to help because I care about this site. People here who hate my guts can count on me to do what is right by them. I'm never going to let anyone talk about your mama, wife, or children. I'm never going to allow you to be threatened. I'm never going to allow you to be attacked personally. Your ideas are fair game. Just like mine are. This entire staff are still Cowboys fans with opinions.

Oh, and DE is one of my favorite posters by far, and would be even if he wasn't on this staff. We're damned lucky to have him.
cosign most of this, but i dont think anybody really hates your guts.

like i said, we are all Cowboys fans and all have the same hopes for this team and franchise. the only differences is how to get there and are reactions to failures along that path.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4158448 said:
What does this have to do with today's game?

I'm going to guess nothing and you just want to act like a jerk.
damnit....i wanted the 1000th post.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;4158442 said:
I agree with this or some variation. Garret is good I think but he needs some short term help, IMO for a few years. Sparano would be a good fit like you said, some one else mentioned Steve Maracui (sp is terrible), thats an interesting idea I guess he would want to put in a west coast style, seems like Garret would be comfortable with that, and as of late we seem to be getting the personal for that possibly. Either way, I think this year, next years draft/ FA and tweaking the roster are critical times for this team. Hopefully things get figured out, otherwise we miss our window.

really want sparano here to help out garrett and houck.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4158331 said:
I am not a Moderator on the forums. I am a Cowboys fan with strong opinions, same as anyone else. I hate Moderating.

:laugh2:

But I doubt you hate the power that goes along with it. Ah, gotta love the internet.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4158413 said:
It looks like that's just a default setting unless you pay money to the site.

I just made a donation a few weeks ago, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I waited about 30 minutes and was then able to make a new thread. I think Hos or someone else already stated they were blocking everyone for a period of time (perhaps I misunderstood?)

Pancho

Reaction score
Hostile;4158448 said:
What does this have to do with today's game?

I'm going to guess nothing and you just want to act like a jerk.

Oh yeah, apparently the only ones that can call people name are the Admin.
I you're a Romo lover, then it's OK to call people names.
Lousy Romo loving hypocrites.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dboy214;4158449 said:
cosign most of this, but i dont think anybody really hates your guts.

like i said, we are all Cowboys fans and all have the same hopes for this team and franchise. the only differences is how to get there and are reactions to failures along that path.
LOL

Then you've got a lot still to learn. I was actually warned by one person in this thread to never turn my back on a certain Cowboys fan who runs another forum. If there is a more controversial Cowboys fan in the world I don't know who it is.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
Pancho;4158467 said:

You mean there's two sets of rules? :eek:

Wood

Reaction score
he is really the only QB I can remember who is the catalyst for opposing teams to start their comeback. By far the most bizarre QB for Dallas that I can remember. Has talent by must be missing a gene to competence in situational football.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pancho;4158467 said:
I didn't call him a name.

Reaction score
There are over 1,000 posts. I can't read them all so I am probably repeatig somebody, but here it goes.

When you look up "coach killer" in the dictionary, there is a picture of Tony Romo. He makes enough plays to allow a coach to trust him. And as soon as he receives the coaches trust, he does what he did on Sunday.

The game ended 7 hours ago and I'm still numb. I'm at a loss as to what to say.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4158489 said:
that is hilarious

Isn't it though? Talk about awesome taste for this thread and your agenda.

Glad to see your gettin the team back together. :laugh2:

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I believe this thread was once again hi-jacked to get the attention off Romo and onto something else.

My last thought on Romo tonight is this. You dig your own grave. You created your own haters.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
Romo is what he is. Can't play well with a lead. Parcell's knew it and that's why he called him a 'gunslinger'. IMO he gets overconfident and gets careless with the football by taking unnecessary risks. Nothing's changed.

mmillman

Reaction score
:bow:
The Natural;4155963 said:
Not excusing Romo's throw, I just disagree with the playcall on that first int to Barbie. We were up 27-3, defense was lights out, first play should've been a run

I agree 100%

Romo needs to manage a game better. That was pathetic.

Stautner

Reaction score
The Natural;4155963 said:
Not excusing Romo's throw, I just disagree with the playcall on that first int to Barbie. We were up 27-3, defense was lights out, first play should've been a run

Games aren't about every call being the perfect one for every moment, they are about execution. As long as the overall game plan was good, which it sure seemed to be until the INT's started, you simply can't blame the play calling.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Stautner;4158530 said:
Games aren't about every call being the perfect one for every moment, they are about execution. As long as the overall game plan was good, which it sure seemed to be until the INT's started, you simply can't blame the play calling.

Why can't I? I wanted to protect 24pts. I wanted to run more. I most certainly can blame the game plan.

This team passes WAY TO *** much.

It's Martzesque, and thats disturbing.