Rishad Matthews

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
hes not a number yes I know but I know I’ve see him make some big plays in the past and he’s better than most guys here. Why haven’t we st least brought him in for a look?!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's not very good at all. Got dropped for that reason. He will be turning 29 in two days. Not that tall either (6'0", 229 lbs), and ran a 4.62 40 yard dash when he first entered the league many years ago. Very likely much slower today.

Pass.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I’m just wondering why we aren’t churning the receiver group you know. I’m depressed over a 4 and 1.
It's a process and yep they like "their" guys. Mathews is nothing more than a slightly faster Hurns, if this team was really serious about upgrading they would have been standing on top of the building to bring in a true game changing number 1 like Gordon...this is the week I think he starts going off. I've been sad for 25 years welcome to the club.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He's not very good at all. Got dropped for that reason. He will be turning 29 in two days. Not that tall either (6'0", 229 lbs), and ran a 4.62 40 yard dash when he first entered the league many years ago. Very likely much slower today.

Pass.
Thats not the reason at all. Google him and research before giving false info

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thats not the reason at all. Google him and research before giving false info
Google it? Google is based on other people's opinions mixed with some facts. It doesn't change the fact that he's short and heavy for a receiver, plus he ran a paltry 4.62 40 8 years ago when he first entered the league. Go look at his career stats by year. It's a big reason the Titans decided to let him go.

I can't help it if some people like chumps. Good luck with that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hes not a number yes I know but I know I’ve see him make some big plays in the past and he’s better than most guys here. Why haven’t we st least brought him in for a look?!!

Who's throwing him the ball?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
You don't pass on his type of talent esp when there presently isn't anything here in the first place.
It’s a lot more variable than talent to discuss when talking about Flash Gordon. That’s the problem with our franchise. We indiscriminately choose talent over all other factors. We lack integrity during the process. Gotta change the thought process behind building up our once great franchise

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Google it? Google is based on other people's opinions mixed with some facts. It doesn't change the fact that he's short and heavy for a receiver, plus he ran a paltry 4.62 40 8 years ago when he first entered the league. Go look at his career stats by year. It's a big reason the Titans decided to let him go.

I can't help it if some people like chumps. Good luck with that.

No, you can gain a lot of information by googling, instead of just guessing randomly.

He was recovering from an injury he sustianed last season over the offseason, with the coaching change he quickly fell down the depth chart as he couldnt practice, when he got healthy he wasn't happy with his snap share and asked for his release. The Titans didnt initially give into his request but ultimately did so at the request of his agent.

They even gave him a one year $7.5M extension in August.

So "he's not very good at all so they released him" is straight hogwash, they didnt even want to release him. Do research, don't just post inaccurate statements because then others will also be illinformed. That goes for everyone, not just you.

I don'r care if you like scrubs or not, that doesn't pertain to the topic.

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s a lot more variable than talent to discuss when talking about Flash Gordon. That’s the problem with our franchise. We indiscriminately choose talent over all other factors. We lack integrity during the process. Gotta change the thought process behind building up our once great franchise
I highly doubt you were clutching your pearl's so tightly back when we were winning super bowls with a roster that had several criminals on it.

links18

Reaction score
"We like our guys." "If he is available, he probably isn't any good."

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I highly doubt you were clutching your pearl's so tightly back when we were winning super bowls with a roster that had several criminals on it.
Maybe if I was a fan back then I would feel different but I didn’t start cheering for the cowboys until 98. I missed the Super Bowl squads :(.

And it’s not about criminals. It’s about players that have issue with substance abuse. I know all about hat monkey on their back and how hard it is to overcome. I’m just tired of depending on players to produce but they can’t becauwe they’re suspended for something that can’t be helped. I’m not here to judge them. I’m here to cheer them on but it’s hard to when they’re not on the field.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
"We like our guys." "If he is available, he probably isn't any good."

We like our guys....We need a number 1 receiver...Were not sure what we need, we know the problem isn't the QB, coach or front office though. Our receivers need to play harder and beat their man. Oh, they're using zone coverage so how do they beat their man? Let me check the manual.

Receivers...Were getting open!

We have a QB we can build around and have for years!

Okay, so what do we have to build for him, receivers?????

"We like our guys.", we're like the Rams!

Ummm, okay, they're offense is doubling our output...so what's the issue?

"We like our guys."...burp...

Me..."How stupid am I following this team?". I've been doing it for 50 years, but now????

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I couldn’t handle anymore illegal substance guys. I’m all about second chances but we not running a rehabilitation center here.
After what I saw from Gordon on one play this past Thursday, I'd handle him. Dude hasn't played in a while and makes Dallas' WR's look like chumps..

Oh wait......