RELEASED Rob Davis and Kyle Valero won't be back

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Over reaction....two 12 win seasons and they clean house. I can see a couple of changes, but this is overkill unless they are gonna fire MM or they know Quinn is gone
Agreed. Why would Quinn stay if they are letting go the coaches he wanted here? Seems odd unless they knew for sure he would be gone.

conner01

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys are just shedding coaching salary because they know they need every dollar for all the free agents they're going to sign?
One has nothing to do with the other
Coaches salaries aren’t part of the cap

conner01

Reaction score
I have no clue if any of these guys were good or bad at there jobs
Scape goats?
Who knows

conner01

Reaction score
Beyond the HC, OC, DC...the vast majority of NFL fans (me included) overlook\ignore their teams' coaching staffs, unless a longtime/notable player is in one of those positions e.g. Leon Lett.
And most have no clue if they were good or bad at their job
I sure don’t

JBS

Reaction score
Cap is understood we’re talking of our players contracts and sour
Well you better start understanding the value of cash when talking players contracts - it’s far more important than the cap

Wilson

Reaction score
Quinn is being promoted to Head Coach and McCarthy is being promoted to General Manager. ;)

Cmac

Reaction score
Cleaning house as become unorthodox at The Star.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i dont think so. Jerry has forced assistant coaches from other philosophies on every coach here since Parcells left. Wade had no reason to hire Garrett but he got em. Garrett really had no interest in Rob Ryan I do not think but he got em etc....Jerry does not care at all. he will tell the head coach to just run the show as a figurehead and be the walk around guy.

I just have to wonder what it says about McCarthy to fire his own assistants who did a good job. Philibin is the guy who pulled for steel are and it worked out and it saved them money getting rid of lazy collins. When Parcells was here after a bad season in 04 he made big changes, the biggest was firing his longtime friend/teammate in Maurice Carthon as offensive coordinator and promoting Sean Payton. That was based on results though, this thing with philbin seems different.
Jerry did that even with Parcells himself.

He decided to extend Zimmer the year before firing Campo and didn’t want to eat the contract.

So he forces one of the literal innovators of the 34 defense to stay w Zimmers 43 for two years before abandoning it.

By the time Parcells got it built right….Jerry was like, thanks for building this roster, but your time is up. I’ll take it from here.

Then he destroyed that roster same as he did Jimmys.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
It makes sense. Jerry doesn’t think coaching is important. Maybe he’ll try contract buyouts with McCarthy and Moore to save even more money and try playing w no coaches at all
coach Jerry can do it all