RELEASED Rob Davis and Kyle Valero won't be back

MMObserver

Reaction score
have you paid attention? He is not necessarily a coach. He was on the personnel side in GB and is basically McCarthy's right hand man in Dallas. I think he may do something with the defense but very little.
Rob Davis is a former long snapper, yes long snapper, who has never had any responsibilities for the Xs and Os.

Instead, he is the guy Big Mac assigns to meet (literally) and greet new players to the team, to be in the locker room as his eyes and ears, and to report back to Big Mac what he sees and hears.

Davis filled this same role for Big Mac in Green Bay.

Now, ask yourself, why would the Cowboys send Big Mac's "culture coach" Rob Davis packing?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
i dont think so. Jerry has forced assistant coaches from other philosophies on every coach here since Parcells left. Wade had no reason to hire Garrett but he got em. Garrett really had no interest in Rob Ryan I do not think but he got em etc....Jerry does not care at all. he will tell the head coach to just run the show as a figurehead and be the walk around guy.

I just have to wonder what it says about McCarthy to fire his own assistants who did a good job. Philibin is the guy who pulled for steel are and it worked out and it saved them money getting rid of lazy collins. When Parcells was here after a bad season in 04 he made big changes, the biggest was firing his longtime friend/teammate in Maurice Carthon as offensive coordinator and promoting Sean Payton. That was based on results though, this thing with philbin seems different.
If I'm the GM, I either hire Quinn as the HC (my first choice), and if I can't do that I'd bring in Sean Payton.

MikeB80

Reaction score
If I'm the GM, I either hire Quinn as the HC (my first choice), and if I can't do that I'd bring in Sean Payton.
you have to think dallas oncoming cap problems with Daks contract and parsons/diggs/lamb needing contracts soon will stop them from ever giving up 1st round picks for a coach.

Majic

Reaction score
I think the first part is very likely, I think they wait on the second part

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I imagine he is. Dallas is notorious for passing the buck and hiding the real problem and putting a new twist on the same ol thing.

The big time coaches usually will not given to owners demands and fire their hand picked coaches. They will go with them. Buck Showalter helped build a juggernaut in the yankees farm system and brought his guys up from the minor leagues to the major leagues. They got better each year, after losing in the playoffs in 95 steinbrenner demanded he changed hitting and pitching coaches and Buck resigned instead. thats how most do it if they really believe in their assistants.
And the Yankees hire Torre and became a dynasty. :facepalm: :omg:

MikeB80

Reaction score
And the Yankees hire Torre and became a dynasty. :facepalm: :omg:
the dynasty was on its way. Few minor changes and additions, like that jeter guy taking over at ss. Buck is uptight and controlling, torre was a players coach who did not take crap from the players!

point was show alter did not fire his guys because he believed in them and that is why he hired them in the first place. A lot of integrity there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Immediate 'go to' for a failed playoff run brought about directly by bad INT's in spite of a great defensive performance: get rid of coaches. Talk about continuing to enable highly paid players that are not living up to contracts.
It is Jerry's way of shaking the tree, to appear he is doing something to improve. But fans know better.
A QB needs to drop from that tree, as well a few other better players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
the dynasty was on its way. Few minor changes and additions, like that jeter guy taking over at ss. Buck is uptight and controlling, torre was a players coach who did not take crap from the players!

point was show alter did not fire his guys because he believed in them and that is why he hired them in the first place. A lot of integrity there.
I am only messing with you. Buck did wonders with my Orioles. I love the guy. Good baseball man.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Do fans honestly expect coaches they've never heard of to remain on the team and are outraged they're not?

JustChip

Reaction score
If Dan Quinn has a half a brain and clearly he does he has to understand the looming climate of this organization and will know this is the time to get out. Staying one more year will only hurt him.
I agree. I aspire to be like @Risen Star with sarcasm. Guess I have a ways to go to get to his level.

pitt33

Reaction score
Do all these changes really matter?

How many coaches have come and gone over the years.

Get a real quarterback.

That will solve what ails this team.

nobody

Reaction score
Are they being released or did they tell Jerry to get bent when he wanted to give them new contracts?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is weird.
Over reaction....two 12 win seasons and they clean house. I can see a couple of changes, but this is overkill unless they are gonna fire MM or they know Quinn is gone

Aven8

Reaction score
Over reaction....two 12 win seasons and they clean house. I can see a couple of changes, but this is overkill unless they are gonna fire MM or they know Quinn is gone
I would imagine Jerry calls both the Zona owner and Carolina owner and can find out asap. They would tell him