RELEASED Rob Davis and Kyle Valero won't be back

MikeB80

Reaction score
How come I have never heard of Rob Davis and he is Asst HC????
have you paid attention? He is not necessarily a coach. He was on the personnel side in GB and is basically McCarthy's right hand man in Dallas. I think he may do something with the defense but very little.

Ken

Reaction score
have you paid attention? He is not necessarily a coach. He was on the personnel side in GB and is basically McCarthy's right hand man in Dallas. I think he may do something with the defense but very little.
I guess not.

Never heard of him until now. Normally Asst HC's are important Coordinators you want to protect from Lateral moves.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I guess not.

Never heard of him until now. Normally Asst HC's are important Coordinators you want to protect from Lateral moves.
that is how it has always gone. That and to do what parcells did for payton when he turned down the raiders job in 04. Its a promotion to show the league you believe in him and he is ready to be a head coach.

Rodney308

Reaction score
Umm...Rob Davis is Mike McCarthy's right hand man. His hand picked assistant head coach who was with him for a decade in Green Bay.

This must be McCarthy's moment where he fires his brother like Jason did to John Garrett.
I have a strange feeling that McCarthy is not coming back.

JustChip

Reaction score
personally I think Quinn either is promoted to HC or takes a job elsewhere, I don't see these moves being made for Sean Payton
Or Quinn is promoted to Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach and gets a big pot of gold to stay.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Interesting. Has any of these moves caused you to think DQ is the guy or is it a gut feeling?
if Quinn is offered a HC job, JJ will have to make a hard decision on whether to keep Quinn and promote him to HC or let him leave the building...I don't see Payton coming here at all, that's my gut feeling, put it this way if we move on from MM, it will be for Quinn

MikeB80

Reaction score
I imagine he is. Dallas is notorious for passing the buck and hiding the real problem and putting a new twist on the same ol thing.

The big time coaches usually will not given to owners demands and fire their hand picked coaches. They will go with them. Buck Showalter helped build a juggernaut in the yankees farm system and brought his guys up from the minor leagues to the major leagues. They got better each year, after losing in the playoffs in 95 steinbrenner demanded he changed hitting and pitching coaches and Buck resigned instead. thats how most do it if they really believe in their assistants.

Majic

Reaction score
1) Chances of Mike being fired in next few days have increased
2) Chances of Payton coaching here have increased (in 2024)

Waiting on DQ now, if he is offered HC role with another team the remaining dominoes will fall.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Or Quinn is promoted to Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach and gets a big pot of gold to stay.
If Dan Quinn has a half a brain and clearly he does he has to understand the looming climate of this organization and will know this is the time to get out. Staying one more year will only hurt him.

Majic

Reaction score
If Quinn's back I think he is safe. If Quinn is offered head coaching role elsewhere, I think it's 50/50 Mike is back.

Just remember Jerry loves Quinn

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys are just shedding coaching salary because they know they need every dollar for all the free agents they're going to sign?

They had the players this year. That's what gets me about this loss, and McCarthy moping around the sidelines every game. I personally think Micah hates McCarthy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Umm...Rob Davis is Mike McCarthy's right hand man. His hand picked assistant head coach who was with him for a decade in Green Bay.

This must be McCarthy's moment where he fires his brother like Jason did to John Garrett.

McCarthy knows this game was on him as much as anyone else, and is scapegoating, in an effort to keep his job....

MikeB80

Reaction score
I think they are working their way up to Mike McCarthy..

Let's hope so.

Bring in Sean Payton.
i dont think so. Jerry has forced assistant coaches from other philosophies on every coach here since Parcells left. Wade had no reason to hire Garrett but he got em. Garrett really had no interest in Rob Ryan I do not think but he got em etc....Jerry does not care at all. he will tell the head coach to just run the show as a figurehead and be the walk around guy.

I just have to wonder what it says about McCarthy to fire his own assistants who did a good job. Philibin is the guy who pulled for steel are and it worked out and it saved them money getting rid of lazy collins. When Parcells was here after a bad season in 04 he made big changes, the biggest was firing his longtime friend/teammate in Maurice Carthon as offensive coordinator and promoting Sean Payton. That was based on results though, this thing with philbin seems different.