Robert Pattinson to be the next Batman

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif
That particular scene from Batman Begins illustrates why I love Nolan/Bale's version of the character the most. Menacing to evildoers. All business. Relentless. Zero pretense.

Yes. Some people found him too dark. The Adam West's 1960's totally misrepresentative humor was totally exorcised. George Clooney's mocking aloofness, Val Kilmer's '007 persona in a cape' and Michael Keaton's voyueing ("I'm Batman!) were set aside. This was the closely example (if not the best example) of what Bob Kane envisioned and created.

The character regressed onscreen after Ben Affleck assumed the role. Here is hoping Robert Pattinson reverses the trend.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That particular scene from Batman Begins illustrates why I love Nolan/Bale's version of the character the most. Menacing to evildoers. All business. Relentless. Zero pretense.

Yes. Some people found him too dark. The Adam West's 1960's totally misrepresentative humor was totally exorcised. George Clooney's mocking aloofness, Val Kilmer's '007 persona in a cap' and Michael Keaton's voyueing ("I'm Batman!) were set aside. This was the closely example (if not the best example) of what Bob Kane envisioned and created.

The character regressed onscreen after Ben Affleck assumed the role. Here is hoping Robert Pattinson reverses the trend.
"voyueing"? I honestly don't know what you meant to say here, but after pondering a while, I'm guessing you meant "vogueing", rather than something akin to being a voyeur. I personally feel that Keaton did the best anyone could have done, with the directing, sets, costumes, and writing of those movies.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it has to be a combination of Batman:the animated series and The Dark Knight Trilogy..the 2 best adaptions of the character that I've seen....the tone and the template are those 2...in my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"voyueing"? I honestly don't know what you meant to say here, but after pondering a while, I'm guessing you meant "vogueing", rather than something akin to being a voyeur. I personally feel that Keaton did the best anyone could have done, with the directing, sets, costumes, and writing of those movies.
Yep. Fast typing typo. :thumbup:

EDIT: Keaton remains my number two Batman after Bale but he is not a close second. :p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I now see where I had originally typed 'cap' instead of 'cape' for Val Kilmer. :rolleyes: Glad I can edit anytime I want. :p You are not holding up your end as my 100% correct proofreader though. ;) :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Christian Bale without a doubt...the best Batman portrayal....IMMHO.
giphy.gif

...lol.....anyone remember this one>>>
tumblr_mn2mwe6KFp1rrkahjo2_r1_250.gif
The Dark Knight Rises, shortly before the rematch with Bane.

EDIT: crap. I realized there was an image below it that is filtered on my work computer. Just saw it on my iPhone. Is that Belushi in the suit? Maybe SNL..?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I now see where I had originally typed 'cap' instead of 'cape' for Val Kilmer. :rolleyes: Glad I can edit anytime I want. :p You are not holding up your end as my 100% correct proofreader though. ;) :D
I saw that, but it was easy enough to figure out what you meant, so I had no reason to point it out. :cool:

Them

Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises, shortly before the rematch with Bane.

EDIT: crap. I realized there was an image below it that is filtered on my work computer. Just saw it on my iPhone. Is that Belushi in the suit? Maybe SNL..?
..No not Belushi haha...I actually have a 8 track of "Batman and Robin"...of a 50's TV series I believe....Don't recall the costumed crime fighter's name offhand...I do remember the Batmobile was a old Studebaker or De Soto...something like that...lol