Robert Quinn being finalized

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That reads like the most they give up is a 4th round pick, but that also comes with a good season this year. You'd take that.

I wonder if we'd also get back a 5 or 6 if we're giving up one of our 4th rounders? Cuz I don't think Quinn is worth a 4 by itself without a lower pick being returned as well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What is wrong with you people? Ogbah and Quinn are not even close to equal to Lawrence. If we trade Lawrence, we take a step backward with no guarantee we can find a replacement for what he provides. Even with a first-round pick, we could easily end up with another Taco Charlton.

A deal will be worked out with Lawrence. Right now, each side is negotiating to get the best possible deal for them. Eventually they will meet in the middle and Lawrence will be paid what he is worth in today's market.

I don't think this is true. The depth and quality of this draft is much, much better then the one that Taco was drafted in, when it comes to pass rushers. But lets say we do screw it up, which is possible because we pretty much screwed up the Taco pick when we passed on TJ, there is still no DE that I would pay 23 million for. I mean, that's just not financially prudent IMO. That's QB money and we can not sustain two contracts like this, on two players IMO. I look at it and I ask, what's harder to find? Is it a QB or is it a good DE?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would, but where has Dallas prioritized the money? Yes he's earned money, but he isnt worth 23mil a yr. The way the rules go, there is no DL worth that. i know Lawrence has flashed season numbers.

Lawrence has 25 sacks the last 2 yrs.

10 of them sacks have come in 4 games. So in the other 28 games he has 15 sacks.

He provides pressure and is solid against the run. And is he changing the rsults of games the way Donald and Mack are? The answer is no.

So yes he has earned money, but has he earned Donald and Mack money? The answer is Hell no. If you watch Trey Flowers and Lawrence you see a mirror of eachother. This is the value range he's in.

I'll agree to disagree on that. His numbers the past two years are in par or better than Mack's in virtually every category.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At 10 AAV for whatever we are working with him is good. 11-12 would be acceptable. Unless less than 10AAV is excellent