Robert Quinn being finalized

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im really interested to see his contract. Are they adding any guarenteed money to his deal. Are they going to lower his 2019 cap hit?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
With Robert Quinn evidently coming into the Dallas fold, it seems some interesting events are on the horizon. Either the Cowboys are planning on moving on from Lawrence, or they're intent upon giving him enough rope to hang himself. The coming weeks should be interesting, in any case.

My guess is they are giving up on Gregory. Gotta have that #94 available. ;)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ya know, this thinking that a team must fill all the holes in free agency so they can draft pure is idiotic nonsense from people who don't know anything about the draft. Like if you don't accomplish that in free agency that forces you to follow a poor draft strategy and force needs with your picks. You have to do it. Unless you can sign those free agents.

There's only one correct way to approach a draft and the current state of your roster is completely and totally irrelevant to that equation.
Draft is team building. Not team maintenance

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Great. Now trade for Ogbah. Then get on the phone to Demarcus's agent and tell him he is free to seek a contract worth 23 mil a year with 31 other teams. Once they find the partner. Sign the tag and trade his azz.

I assume it was a nonexclusive franchise tag, so both the Cowboys and Lawrence's agent should have been working that angle already.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think this is true. The depth and quality of this draft is much, much better then the one that Taco was drafted in, when it comes to pass rushers. But lets say we do screw it up, which is possible because we pretty much screwed up the Taco pick when we passed on TJ, there is still no DE that I would pay 23 million for. I mean, that's just not financially prudent IMO. That's QB money and we can not sustain two contracts like this, on two players IMO. I look at it and I ask, what's harder to find? Is it a QB or is it a good DE?

We won't have to not pay the QB because we pay Lawrence more than $20 million. I wish this kind of worrying would go away. Maybe it will when we settle on a deal with Lawrence and turn around and extend Dak (which I'm not in favor of doing this year BTW).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Scooter, dear boy. Do have a video about this. I do think that we will all get a good laugh about the reaction to this. Such a brilliant move this is. Oh, I am thrilled with the FO. They've done a marvelous job here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft is team building. Not team maintenance

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, need factors in plenty but you never bypass a much higher rated player because you falled to sign a stopgap FA for some current need. That's just making matters worse. If you have good talent evaluators and always draft pure you'll have less of those pesky FA needs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the franchise tag works. I know we can trade Lawrence. But does he have to work out a deal with another team? Or can we trade him with his franchise tag salary in place?

The tag isn't in place, because he hasn't signed his tender, so we can't trade him *unilaterally*. He can't trade himself unilaterally either, as no one is going to give us two firsts for him. Both sides can shop him, then try to bring interested buyers to the other party.

3 way negotiations at this point.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Untitled-1.jpg

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Great deal. But I said in another thread he goes off this season he’s gone. No way we can resign him too