Robert Quinn Suspended 2 games

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe the agent's story is 100% correct, but I'm skeptical, too. Guys busted for PEDs always have excuses -- it was a supplement, GNC is to blame, whatever. No one ever says they just got caught.

We're only getting one side of the story, and I suspect the agent is well aware that the league's policy is not to comment on these cases. So he can say anything he likes knowing the league can't defend itself and its process.

Actually the league can say something.

And given the ham fisted way this league has handled player discipline matters, it’s perfectly reasonable to assume they botched his as well because by the CBA they can basically do whatever they want.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's why I said, in the next CBA, there should be a provision where the players can voluntarily report prescribed medication. This allows the league officials to understand what is in the medications so that, if traces of the medication are found in the drug test, the league knows what is going on. Thus, appropriate action can be taken.

Besides. Cheating is one thing. However, like everyone else, the players have prescription medications that they must take. If the doctor prescribed. It, then they are ordered by the doctor to take it. Thus, it's really stupid and outdated of the NFL to suspend someone because of medications like fertility medicines and seizure medicines.

In Quinn's case, seizures can be quite serious. This, imo, is a player safety issue. He needs to be able to take the medicines he needs to be able to prevent his seizures. Does the NFL honestly believe he's trying to cheat with seizure medicines? If so, then that is absolutely stupid.

Kaiser

Reaction score
In Quinn's case, seizures can be quite serious. This, imo, is a player safety issue. He needs to be able to take the medicines he needs to be able to prevent his seizures. Does the NFL honestly believe he's trying to cheat with seizure medicines? If so, then that is absolutely stupid.

Think about the analogy with alcohol. You get pulled over and have a BAC of 0.2, you go to jail and you richly deserve it.

In the NFL, you get pulled over and have the corresponding amount of alcohol that Quinn had of this drug, which means you have a BAC of 0.0001.

So the NFL puts you in jail.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Think about the analogy with alcohol. You get pulled over and have a BAC of 0.2, you go to jail and you richly deserve it.

In the NFL, you get pulled over and have the corresponding amount of alcohol that Quinn had of this drug, which means you have a BAC of 0.0001.

So the NFL puts you in jail.

Sort of, but, I'd say it like this in the alcohol analogy. It's a bit like having used a prescribed mouthwash, then getting put in jail because the alcohol in the mouthwash was 0.02% and that was Eno gn for an arrest

Johnny23

Reaction score
Read the statement from his agent. It's interesting.

He takes medication for seizures. His attorneys had the local pharmacy pull records and it turns out that right before they pulled Quinn's prescription, the pharmacy pulled the drug that triggered the failed test. They think when they mixed the medication, it's possible some of the residue got on Quinn's medicine and caused the failed test.
the medicine for. Epilepsy is tricky stuff for sure.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Besides. Cheating is one thing. However, like everyone else, the players have prescription medications that they must take. If the doctor prescribed. It, then they are ordered by the doctor to take it. Thus, it's really stupid and outdated of the NFL to suspend someone because of medications like fertility medicines and seizure medicines.

Just curious...if the guy has seizures why is he still playing football????

aria

Reaction score
Anyone figure out why Tate got 4 games and Quinn only two?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just curious...if the guy has seizures why is he still playing football????

Good point. I suppose the medicines help with that. And, as for the seizures, the medicine is what it sounds like he got suspended for, so I'm only going off of what I've read and understood about the situation.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
2 games. Per the mothership. Joy
This has been a problem in the personnel department since Johnson left. We keep taking risk with players that or either unaccountable (suspended i.e. Q. Carter, Lawrence, Quinn, Irving, Gregory, etc.) or unavailable (injured i.e. Lee, B. Carter, Crawford, Smith).

CCBoy

Reaction score

2:56 PM - Aug 8, 2019

khiladi

Reaction score
Players are only suspended if they have had a positive test PRIOR per the CBA rules. He wasn’t just suspended for low doses of a masking agent, he was suspended because of testing positive, I believe at least three times.

The excuses is not that Probenecid was in his seizure medicine, the excuse is that his seizure medicines was contaminated by the pharmacy.

It’s probably a BOGUS excuse to, because a pharmacy isn’t going to give legal records of another patients orders. Those patients have the right to privacy, so how exactly did a legal team get them?