Robinson vs Gibbs

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Depending on who is left on the board I may be ok with Gibbs or Robinson at 26. But I’d prefer to wait if possible. I’d rather go with some beef for the line.

btcutter

Reaction score
I like Bigsby. In no way is he comparable to Robinson.
Agree that Bigsby maybe a good back but not same class as Robinson. I don't know why some people insist on drafting NEED and force picks on DT, G in the 1st 2 rounds. Picking at end of each round you must be flexible and try to pick the best talent on the board or else we will be reaching. CeeDee was a good example of letting draft come to us. Taco is a example of forcing a need pick.

If Robinson is the best talent at 26 on our board by far I have no problem collecting talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DT, G/C, TE and WR are much bigger needs. Much bigger and they need to be addressed early. Robinson is like a steering wheel bedazzling set.
I disagree. We have our guard and center…we need some but it’s not pressing. Though they are needs. Fair. Receiver is not a need. Weak receiver class….you have Tolbert, Fehoko, Lamb, Gallup and Cooks. Another position id look into but not pressing to use a first. Tight end is a need but they just spent a 4th on Ferguson. A need but you can make an upgrade though s tight end typically doesn’t have a big impact first year. Ferguson still would probably be ahead of this player on the depth chart.

Last but not least…DT. A few guys could be available but my favorite is Ika who you can get in the second. This is the Diggs draft all over again. Yeah I don’t mind Diggs but who’s the best player on my board? Lamb? Take him. Diggs falls to the second….

Follow your board. Now I don’t think Bijan makes it to us. One of the best players in this draft and a playoff team picking in front of us will take him. He’s too good. I do wonder if Gibbs is there what they do….

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I disagree. We have our guard and center…we need some but it’s not pressing. Though they are needs. Fair. Receiver is not a need. Weak receiver class….you have Tolbert, Fehoko, Lamb, Gallup and Cooks. Another position id look into but not pressing to use a first. Tight end is a need but they just spent a 4th on Ferguson. A need but you can make an upgrade though s tight end typically doesn’t have a big impact first year. Ferguson still would probably be ahead of this player on the depth chart.

Last but not least…DT. A few guys could be available but my favorite is Ika who you can get in the second. This is the Diggs draft all over again. Yeah I don’t mind Diggs but who’s the best player on my board? Lamb? Take him. Diggs falls to the second….

Follow your board. Now I don’t think Bijan makes it to us. One of the best players in this draft and a playoff team picking in front of us will take him. He’s too good. I do wonder if Gibbs is there what they do….
Ika would be my top pick if he is around at 26. TB is not worth a contract so C is a need especially considering McGovern leaving. Set at G??? I assume you think that Smith is going to suddenly start 17 games at T, Young Smith slots in at G and Steele is right as rain coming back from a major injury. Zero chance all that works out. Quality G and C in the draft. Wypler and Avila would be great pick ups there. Paper thin at TE. Ferguson gets hurt and they are screwed. Dak needs reliable security blankets at TE.

Robinson is the ultimate Jerry pick. A Hollywood RB from TX in Dallas would be a mistake.

KDM256

Reaction score
Bijan ran all over Alabama.
I'm taking him over Gibbs with no hesitation. Pollard is simular to Gibbs.
I think you might want to revisit this game clip champ because this tape looks very average despite 1 15+ yard run and another 15+ yard reception.

Gibbs wasn't all world in this game either but look at the burst he displayed

Hardline

Reaction score
I think you might want to revisit this game clip champ because this tape looks very average despite 1 15+ yard run and another 15+ yard reception.

Gibbs wasn't all world in this game either but look at the burst he displayed

I literally watched the game live. Bijan had a very good game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tough call. Remember Zeke was picked 4th overall and for 2 years it looked like a steal.

Look. I'm drafting Bijan if he's available @ 26. I really dgaf.
Its not a tough call. Zeke was the significantly better prospect

KDM256

Reaction score
I literally watched the game live. Bijan had a very good game.
So did I. 57 yards 2.1 (average) on 21 carries isn't having your way against Bama. That's was a 2023 Zeke like performance. Don't get me wrong, it was a very competitive game and both teams matched up very well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why is this reminding me of Ricky Williams vs Edgerrin James debate?

Ricky Williams was the can’t miss prospect that NO traded the entire draft to get. Yet James was picked ahead in a shocker by Indy!

What do you guys think? eerily similar?
I think if you research the character of Robinson, you'll see the only thing he has in common with Williams is their school.

I put this in another thread. Due to the rule changes in the NIL he has started several businesses, and makes about 1.6 million a year as a college football player. Bijon's Mustard is one of them.

Now think on Ricky Williams and his penchant for the chronic.

Furthermore, Dallas doesn't have a nitwit head coach who will sign over an entire draft for one player.
Guys still wanting to draft a RB in Rd 1 is amazing to me. Truly amazing. Didn’t learn the lesson with Zeke? Ok with Pollard tagged and a first round contract to another RB…really? Bigsby and McBride are 2 guys that may be around in rounds 3/4. I would bet a lot of money they will be as productive as Gibbs or Robinson especially over their careers. This is definitely the case here where the OL and other skill guys are solid.
Not all apples are the same. Thinking they are is shortsighted.
And give me your 100% assurance Pollard will be 100% this next year on a tag contract. Seems every player with leg injuries we have seen on this team has taken two years to get back to healthy.

Further, if I read your comment right, you think the OL is solid. Once again this team is counting on Tyron, and has no real answer for the Steele injury. He will not be full strength until 2024, if that.

If Gibbs is another Pollard. who is the bruiser. Please don't tell me Malik Davis.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think if you research the character of Robinson, you'll see the only thing he has in common with Williams is their school.

I put this in another thread. Due to the rule changes in the NIL he has started several businesses, and makes about 1.6 million a year as a college football player. Bijon's Mustard is one of them.

Now think on Ricky Williams and his penchant for the chronic.

Furthermore, Dallas doesn't have a nitwit head coach who will sign over an entire draft for one player.

Not all apples are the same. Thinking they are is shortsighted.
And give me your 100% assurance Pollard will be 100% this next year on a tag contract. Seems every player with leg injuries we have seen on this team has taken two years to get back to healthy.

Further, if I read your comment right, you think the OL is solid. Once again this team is counting on Tyron, and has no real answer for the Steele injury. He will not be full strength until 2024, if that.

If Gibbs is another Pollard. who is the bruiser. Please don't tell me Malik Davis.
I don’t think the OL is solid. DT and G are 2 musts in the draft or a quality vet FA. Musts. I am also in the record that Bigsby or McBride are the 2 draft picks I would focus on for RB. Both quality runners that would help year 1.