rob's injury update

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

thanks for all the well wishes, you fans have been unbelivable.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you Mr. Pettiti - very much obliged. Give Rob our regards.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
thanks for the update!!!!!!
tell him he has a lot of Cowboy fans backing him all the way!

godofwar

Reaction score
Good news Pitt, on the mental toughness thing. Tell Rob to keep up the good work.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

Thank you so much for the update! Your son is one tough hombre and I appreciate him so very much. That is interesting to hear that bit of inside information coming from Rob about guys fighting through their injuries. That does say a lot about the mental toughness. Definitely a Bill Parcell's kind of team.

Thanks again for the update! :star:

JDSmith

Reaction score
Here's hoping he gets some light practice this week and doesn't play Thursday. I believe in mental toughness too, but I want our starters healthy for the real season. He's done an amazing job just working his way up the depth chart, and he's going to have to learn as he goes with the RT position. I don't want it to be any harder than it has to with him nursing an injury at the same time. He's shown he can get the job done, I hope at the most he gets maybe a series on Thursday so that he can heal up a bit.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

I got chills reading this. Nothing better than a team deciding to play through the pain en masse. It means they expect great things as a team. It's a great sign.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Hos, ive been wondering. Did you play college football, because by the way you talk it seems like you went far in your career?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pittdawg said:

Thank you for that interesting info... very interesting as a matter of fact.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Sir......Your son is one those exciting rookies, I keep talking about, that's going to make this team special. What a great attitude they have and it seems to be rubbing off onto the vets.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
as Jerruh said, just about every player out there could use some kind of surgery.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pittdawg said:

I've been enthusiastic about Rob since I saw him play in the first game, but watching the game last night gave me even more respect for him. You could tell he was hurting badly and yet he stayed in the game and played through it .. not only played through it but also play well with the pain.

Very impressive in my book.

-Reality

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the post Pittdawg.

Your son is rapidly developing a cult following!

I'm really rooting for the guy.

Reaction score
PITTDAWG, Thanks for the update. It's great to have one of our STARTER'S fathers online, giving us the low-down. In most of my own private mocks before the draft, I had the 'Boys taking Rob around the 4th-5th rounds. I had a feeling he just wasn't getting the proper conditioning training in college, & that really cost him, however fortunate for the 'Boys. Pro scouts are really missing the boat by not taking into consideration how poorly many big name schools pay attention to weight training & proper dieting for their players. Between Rob & Chris Canty, Dallas really did their homework, and the entire team hit the jackpot with the 2005 draft.

Again, great to have you aboard! Now all Rob needs to do is play as well as the last great Pitt player we drafted back in '77....haha. Just kidding.

Fred Smith

Benched
Reaction score
Cool deal. This seems like a tough kid with a lot of discipline to go along with great size and good athletic ability!! Best of luck.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Thanks pittdawg. We appreciate your and Rob's input. I'm rooting for him. Bet he'll play Thursday.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I was giving him props last night because it was so obvious he was in pain. But that's one tough son of a gun!!! THAT's the kind of players us fans truly appreciate.

Tell him his toughness is appreciated ... and so is the work he's putting in to improve and make our team better.

:thumbup: Rob Petitti!