rob's injury update

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saw Rob's injury on the replay. Looked very painful. Tell the young guy, best wishes.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yes, that looked painful as all hell...he's a trooper all right.

Hope he's much much better today.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

thanks for all the well wishes, you fans have been unbelivable.

Thank You My friend..Rob is looking to be a special players for years to come :)

Jimmie

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the update on Rob! I cant express how cool it is to have a players Dad on here to give us updates and info!

Please know and let Rob know, there are alot of people "pulling" for him and we all hope he solves the issues this team has had at the RT position. :bow:

pittdawg said:
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

thanks for all the well wishes, you fans have been unbelivable.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, Pittdawg. We really appreciate the news.

I agree with one of the poster's above that Rob should just be given a token appearance Thursday so he can heal up. He is an impressive young man and, I believe, our RT for the next decade.

As someone alluded to above, it was impressive that he played in such pain, but even more impressive was that he played very well.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks Pittdawg!

BTW, your son played a hell of a game yesterday!

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Good info . Thanks. I believe Rob will be a mainstay and anchor on the Cowboys' line for the next ten years. He is part of our great future, and with this draft I certainly believe the future will be great.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update....We're all hoping he heals really fast :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Mr Petitti...tell you son, we all watched him very closely last night and he did a great job.

I'm sure it doesn't surprise you but for us, to see a rookie step in and do as well as he has, is not only surprising but very exciting.

Send our best.

Thanks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Pittdawg. You have a real man as a son you should be proud. We are all pulling for him big time.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Thanks for postin pitt dawg, im lookin forward to your son crushin opponents all year!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Just saw Rob's injury on the replay. Looked very painful. Tell the young guy, best wishes.

We aren't THAT much younger than you, WG. Come oooooon. Give the young guys a chance.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
it's always encouraging to see a rook with that kinda intestinal fortitude.

rob seems to be the kinda player that will sell-out for the team. the anti-jacob rogers.

i'm sure parcells has noticed.

rob is prolly gonna be a line stalwart and i look forward to his having a solid career as a dallas cowboy.

nice genes, pittdawg.

followthestar

Reaction score
Thank you Pittdawg for the update, and thank your son for all of us. There has been nothing but wailing and gnashing of teeth throughout the organization concerning the RT spot. If that position failed us, much as CB did last season, it would have been a major blow to our chances of success.
To know on a slightly personal level (thanks to your presence) what Rob is going thru to put our fears to rest makes me proud of him as well. If Parcells is looking for players he can depend on in crunch time - who have the will and discipline to be champions - then we'll enjoy watching Rob play for hopefully many years.
p.s. you'll tell us how impressive those Super Bowl rings really look, won't you? even slip it on real quick, so we can hear how that might feel... :)