Rockets VS Fakers thread

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;2777660 said:
Great series Rocket Fans...

Congrats on a great season especially with those devastating injuries

You bandwagon hopping Mavs/Spurs fans make me :puke:

Why would anyone jump on the Maverick's bandwagon?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May 17, 2009
TNT duo sends Rockets fishing, but reluctantly
As is the case with every NBA franchise each year save two, the Rockets were sent fishing Sunday night by TNT's Inside the NBA crew, but not without some reluctance by Rockets alumni Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley.

Smith, in fact, briefly refused to pick up his fishing pole for the show's obligatory castoff for losing playoff teams, saying, "They (the Rockets) played so hard I didn't want to send them fishing."

Barkley, meanwhile, said he was rooting for the Rockets to beat the Lakers.

"I did something I never did before," Barkley said. "I rooted for a team. I normally never care who wins. I was pulling for the Rockets before this game started. But I've never done that before.

He added, "You gotta respect what they accomplished. You gotta respect that as a fan, as a player, you gotta appreciate them beating those Laker teams twice without Yao Ming."

During the equally obligatory post-elimination analysis, Barkley said the Rockets' first postseason decision must be whether to sign free agent Ron Artest, "but you can't judge the team at all until you can tell where Tracy (McGrady) and Yao Ming are" health-wise.

"People who think they're a better team without Tracy McGrady, they're just idiots. They're a better team with Tracy McGrady," Barkley said. "Then you have to ask yourself if Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady are going to be healthy. You hope they are. They're both terrific players. I really like Yao Mng's personality a lot. I hope they're healthy. But it's a legitimate question."

Finally, there is one bright spot for Rockets fans: By next year, chances are Stuart Scott's train of thought will have wandered sufficiently that he will no longer think he's a wordsmith by trying to hang the nickname "Young Quick" on Aaron Brooks.

And, if you're keeping score, Barkley and Chris Webber are taking the Nuggets in the Western Conference finals while Smith opts for the Lakers.

Posted by David Barron at May 17, 2009 07:49 PM

-------------------------

Whatever the Rockets do, they gotta get a big man behind Yao

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
TheCount;2777700 said:
Why would anyone jump on the Maverick's bandwagon?

The Mavs fans jumped off after they were about to be eliminated on to the better team...

The Rockets

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2777852 said:
Why root for something Stern isn't going to let us have?
I'd cross my fingers for you, but then that might make the Grizz a better team. lol

Go Coogs!! :eek::