Rodgers gets $50 million

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Problem is Daks deal only runs through 2024. A couple years and Dak will be looking to rejoin the top paid club again. That's always been my concern with his contract. It's not the average salary but the duration. With such a short deal for Dak there really isn't a good opportunity to manipulate the cap hit.

That's why they added the 2 voidable years.

rags

Reaction score
He's 38 now. I seriously doubt he plays 4 more years.

And, you know the old saying. Father time is undefeated.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Rodgers camp: We dont want to stay on the team if it's in a rebuild, we will only stay if the team is in great financial situation and can sign more free agents along with Adams

Greg Jennings: Rodgers is selfish, he only cares about making 50 million. It's not about the team it's about him. He claims he wants one last shot but reality just wants to be the highest paid player

Rodgers camp: Jennings report is off the mark, where committed to the future success

Rodgers camp: *signs record breaking contract

JustChip

Reaction score
It is obvious AR can't carry GB to a SB. Last appearance
If you don’t have a QB, you’re not going anywhere.

If all you have is a QB, you’re not going anywhere.

Super Bowl teams find a way to balance both of those. Also rans don’t.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it is stupid for rodgers and for GB.
Rodgers should have tried for a ring elsewhere !
This to me looks like he is just playing for the money.

GB needs to now go all in for 22 and 23 to try for a SB.
If they get one, then it was good deal, if not it was stupid deal.

they just dont have a good enough team to win in playoffs, same thing for years, and I dont think rodgers does well in the cold weather games in playoffs.

Keeping rodgers does keep GB relevant though. My guess is they have no confidence they can draft a good qb. and it is hard unless they tank for one season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Paying Rodgers gave them cap room. Someone ask Stephen Jones how this is possible. :muttley:
how is it possible? I am guessing due to new contract, big bonus, it can be moved forward to year 3 and 4.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Rodgers camp: We dont want to stay on the team if it's in a rebuild, we will only stay if the team is in great financial situation and can sign more free agents along with Adams

Greg Jennings: Rodgers is selfish, he only cares about making 50 million. It's not about the team it's about him. He claims he wants one last shot but reality just wants to be the highest paid player

Rodgers camp: Jennings report is off the mark, where committed to the future success

Rodgers camp: *signs record breaking contract

Again, the terms of teh contract are not as reported per AR himself. I read the 1st two years of the deal are cap friendly so the front office can keep the band together. We shall see. But take whatever garbage Greg Jennings and realize he is as big of a Rodgers hater as any fan there is. His sister used to tweet during games when greg was playing and saying how Rodgers was overated because he missed a pass to him. Pfft. Apparently Jennings thought more of himself than the Packers did. So he went to the Vikings and watched his career die.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I think it is stupid for rodgers and for GB.
Rodgers should have tried for a ring elsewhere !
This to me looks like he is just playing for the money.

GB needs to now go all in for 22 and 23 to try for a SB.
If they get one, then it was good deal, if not it was stupid deal.

they just dont have a good enough team to win in playoffs, same thing for years, and I dont think rodgers does well in the cold weather games in playoffs.

Keeping rodgers does keep GB relevant though. My guess is they have no confidence they can draft a good qb. and it is hard unless they tank for one season.

In the last 31 years they have drafted two HOF players. They have not needed to try to replace them. I am sure they have as much confidence as any team in the league in their ability to draft a good Qb.

Flamma

Reaction score
Being that they were one and done in the playoffs, how on Earth are they going to compete paying their QB so much?

They are probably backloading the contract. His cap hit will probably be much lower for 2022 as a result of this contract.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Whats this mean for Jordan Love? He wants 2 play. Will the Iggles call them?

terra

Reaction score
In the last 31 years they have drafted two HOF players. They have not needed to try to replace them. I am sure they have as much confidence as any team in the league in their ability to draft a good Qb.
That is an incredibly stupid post. By the way where did Favre come from?

THE packers did draft 2 HOF QBs in the Modern Era - Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers.

But you claim that they can find HOF QBs easily is beyond idiotic.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
That is an incredibly stupid post. By the way where did Favre come from?

THE packers did draft 2 HOF QBs in the Modern Era - Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers.

But you claim that they can find HOF QBs easily is beyond idiotic.

Take a chill pill Kara. Never said it was easier. The original response said the Packers probably dont feel confident in finding a qb. My response was they have never had to in the past 30 years and I am sure they feel as confident as any other front office. They got Favre because Ron Wolf loved him from the year before. He gave one of his two #1 draft pics that year to get him to a team that regretted drafting him. Where did I say it was easy. No problem Lara, I get your dig.