Rodgers traded to Jets

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just looked at his contract with the Jets and saw a lot of missing money. Looked to the Packers and saw they have a 40 dead cap on Rodgers. But that's probably money already paid to him.

It's hard to win a SB. But besides OL, what weaknesses do the Jets have? They won 7 games last year without Breece Hall or a decent QB. And Rodgers has what amounts to a rookie contract for 2023. If they can shore up that offensive line, they should be contenders. But I would never predict them to go to the SB in that madhouse that is the AFC. But it wouldn't shock me if they won the division.
The Jets finished in the basement in the AFC East and I just don’t see Rodgers taking them from last to first place. He’ll certainly improve them because QB has been a big issue, but I just don’t think they’re good enough everywhere else unless they have a great draft. Like I mentioned, they have some talent at WR but they don’t have an experienced game changer at receiver that a veteran QB like Rodgers could thrive with. They had some young talent at receiver in Green Bay, but there were a lot of issues due to inexperience that really ruffled Rodgers feathers. He was throwing his young receivers under the bus during the season. Playing for the Jets is tough for any QB. Like Cleveland, it’s been a graveyard for QBs for decades. Even at this stage of his career Aaron Rodgers is the best QB the Jets have ever had. We’ll see how it plays out this season but the Jets aren’t good enough in my opinion to be going this far in with an aging QB, who hasn’t played very well in the playoffs in several years.