Rodgers traded to Jets

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep, barring injury Rogers should pass the 65% threshold.

So the Pack basically traded Rogers for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year in all likelihood.

Not a bad haul for a 40 yr old QB.
That also depends on the success of the Jets. If they start off 2-6, you can be sure Rodgers would have some injury that keeps him out for the rest of the year.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
ezgif.com-optimize-9.gif

And gutenkunst is no Ted Thompson.

I think a primary difference was the packers made the NFCCG the year before they traded Favre. This packers team was getting dragged across the finish line by their QB. Even if Love turns out to be good they have a huge hill to climb
You mean the Ted Thompson that coasted the last few years on his first few drafts while being unable to stay awake in meetings, ignoring the offense in the draft, failing to surround Rodgers with a competent defense, never engaged with free agents, and never providing the team with top drafted offensive talent. That Ted Thompson. Lets hope Gute is no Ted Thompson.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You mean the Ted Thompson that coasted the last few years on his first few drafts while being unable to stay awake in meetings, ignoring the offense in the draft, failing to surround Rodgers with a competent defense, never engaged with free agents, and never providing the team with top drafted offensive talent. That Ted Thompson. Lets hope Gute is no Ted Thompson.
He’s already proven to be not close. Every year the team gets a little bit worse. Who is the top draft offensive talent Gutekunst has been adding? The best defenses in recent memory the Packers have had were Ted Thompson defenses in 2007-2012

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubt this trade works out any better for the Jets than when they traded for Brett Favre. He only stayed with the Jets one season and they’ll be lucky to get much more than that out of Aaron Rodgers. Even though they keep missing on QBs in the draft they probably would’ve been better off drafting a QB with the 13th pick they swapped with the Packers. You can’t build a future with a soon to be 40 year old QB.
No team concerned about the future trades for Rodgers. Saleh knows just what McVay felt like when they traded for Stafford. All on the line now except he's in NY, a hell of a tough town for coaches.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No team concerned about the future trades for Rodgers. Saleh knows just what McVay felt like when they traded for Stafford. All on the line now except he's in NY, a hell of a tough town for coaches.
NY is it tough town for QBs as well. The Jets change QBs more often than head coaches. I would have never thought Rodgers would want to play for the Jets. However, there didn’t appear to be anyone else interested and for him to earn his $50 million this upcoming season he has to play. I’m surprised Miami didn’t make a play for him. Tua admitted he considered retirement due to the concussions and his career may not last too much longer if he continues to have them. With the talent the Dolphins have at receiver Rodgers could have lit it up in Miami. They would’ve been a Super Bowl contender with him. Rodgers will have a tough time getting the Jets to the playoffs. They have OL issues which is not good for an aging QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah, they got fleeced.
You’re the only one saying that. No one else here is saying that and no one who gets paid to talk football is saying it. If anyone got fleeced it’s the Jets. It won’t be long before they’re looking for another QB and the Packers will likely have their first round pick next year. If things don’t work out for the Packers with Jordan Love, they can use the Jets number one pick next year to draft another QB.

fansince68

Reaction score
Let's get White from the Jets to be a real back up to Dak. Someone that can push him to be better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You’re the only one saying that. No one else here is saying that and no one who gets paid to talk football is saying it. If anyone got fleeced it’s the Jets. It won’t be long before they’re looking for another QB and the Packers will likely have their first round pick next year. If things don’t work out for the Packers with Jordan Love, they can use the Jets number one pick next year to draft another QB.
I’m saying it because I’m don’t like the Packers. Chill.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m saying it because I’m don’t like the Packers. Chill.
You need to take your emotions out of it and start being objective. That’s your biggest problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
Didn't the Packers also take on 40M of Rodgers salary? The Packers are going to end up with just slightly more than the Eagles got for Wentz, plus paying 40M. For their HOF QB. It may not be fleeced, but the Jets didn't do too bad. The Jets still have a 2nd rounder this year, the only thing they'll be losing completely is a 1st or 2nd next year.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
NY is it tough town for QBs as well. The Jets change QBs more often than head coaches. I would have never thought Rodgers would want to play for the Jets. However, there didn’t appear to be anyone else interested and for him to earn his $50 million this upcoming season he has to play. I’m surprised Miami didn’t make a play for him. Tua admitted he considered retirement due to the concussions and his career may not last too much longer if he continues to have them. With the talent the Dolphins have at receiver Rodgers could have lit it up in Miami. They would’ve been a Super Bowl contender with him. Rodgers will have a tough time getting the Jets to the playoffs. They have OL issues which is not good for an aging QB.
The Jets have a great defense, a solid young WR core, and a good running back. If they get some help at offensive line, they’re an instant contender.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Didn't the Packers also take on 40M of Rodgers salary? The Packers are going to end up with just slightly more than the Eagles got for Wentz, plus paying 40M. For their HOF QB. It may not be fleeced, but the Jets didn't do too bad. The Jets still have a 2nd rounder this year, the only thing they'll be losing completely is a 1st or 2nd next year.
I don’t know how much of his salary they have to take on and am too lazy to look it up. The deal is similar to what the Eagles got for Carson Wentz, which is a great deal for Green Bay seeing they’re parting ways with a soon to be 40 year old QB. QBs Aaron Rodgers age are usually released. To get anything in return for a player that age is a good deal. New England and Indianapolis didn’t get anything for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and both of them went on to win a Super Bowl. I don’t see the Jets doing that with Aaron Rodgers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I really don’t see this working out for the Jets. They have OL issues and although they have some young talent at WR they don’t have big-time receiver. Tampa was loaded at receiver when Brady went there. Peyton Manning had Demaryius Thomas when he arrived in Denver and Wes Welker the following season. It’s going to be pretty funny to see how furious Jets fans are if this doesn’t work out with Rodgers this upcoming season.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t know how much of his salary they have to take on and am too lazy to look it up. The deal is similar to what the Eagles got for Carson Wentz, which is a great deal for Green Bay seeing they’re parting ways with a soon to be 40 year old QB. QBs Aaron Rodgers age are usually released. To get anything in return for a player that age is a good deal. New England and Indianapolis didn’t get anything for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and both of them went on to win a Super Bowl. I don’t see the Jets doing that with Aaron Rodgers.
I just looked at his contract with the Jets and saw a lot of missing money. Looked to the Packers and saw they have a 40 dead cap on Rodgers. But that's probably money already paid to him.

It's hard to win a SB. But besides OL, what weaknesses do the Jets have? They won 7 games last year without Breece Hall or a decent QB. And Rodgers has what amounts to a rookie contract for 2023. If they can shore up that offensive line, they should be contenders. But I would never predict them to go to the SB in that madhouse that is the AFC. But it wouldn't shock me if they won the division.