Roger Goodell and the NFL do not actually care about domestic violence

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The NFL is showing its *** on this.

IF they truly cared about DV and victims, they wouldn't have inadvertently thrown Tiffany Thompson to the wolves. I don't feel sorry for her if the allegations she's made are truly false, but the NFL - in its quest to crush Elliott - has also crushed an average citizen and woman.

Taking L's from all angles, Goodell. Time to go.

MissAnn

Reaction score
Until the media stirs in protest, Mr. Goodell really doesn't care about justice and abusive female injury.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Well of course they don't care. It is a dog and pony show. But you can also say America doesn't really care about domestic violence either. You have tons of faux outrage from people who are granstanding and pretending to care. Before the Ray Rice video was released, domestic violence wasn't even on the radar for anyone. NFL just docked you 2 games and no one even batted an eye. After that video, they did a 180 and now are going overboard to pretend they care. And this goes for people in the media and the fans as well. How many of them really care? I'd say very little.

NFL also doesn't give a flip about patriotism like they claim as well. They have these military groups pay them to be at those games and have a presence on tv and to do all the patriotism you see. They also don't give a flip about Breast Cancer. It's just a ploy to sell merchandise and to line their pockets. They are scum.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is showing its *** on this.

IF they truly cared about DV and victims, they wouldn't have inadvertently thrown Tiffany Thompson to the wolves. I don't feel sorry for her if the allegations she's made are truly false, but the NFL - in its quest to crush Elliott - has also crushed an average citizen and woman.

Taking L's from all angles, Goodell. Time to go.

Owners only care about money.

I'm not certain about Goodell's priorities. He seems to be very reactive and not well organized.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Rule #1: Owners care about Money

Rule #2: Goodell is paid 34 Million a year to follow Rule #1.

Rule #3: There is no Rule #3.

ding ding ding

In my somewhat limited but not non-existent interaction with people making that kind of money, I've learned two truths:

1. Once you achieve that level of income, your goal in life is to maintain that level of income at all costs.
2. You become very, very good at convincing others you care about other things besides the money. In fact, the higher the income, the better you become at fooling the world that you care about them.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nobody does that is why it is one of the biggest problems in the country and probably the world.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well of course they don't care. It is a dog and pony show. But you can also say America doesn't really care about domestic violence either. You have tons of faux outrage from people who are granstanding and pretending to care. Before the Ray Rice video was released, domestic violence wasn't even on the radar for anyone. NFL just docked you 2 games and no one even batted an eye. After that video, they did a 180 and now are going overboard to pretend they care. And this goes for people in the media and the fans as well. How many of them really care? I'd say very little.

NFL also doesn't give a flip about patriotism like they claim as well. They have these military groups pay them to be at those games and have a presence on tv and to do all the patriotism you see. They also don't give a flip about Breast Cancer. It's just a ploy to sell merchandise and to line their pockets. They are scum.
I agree with this because in the last few years everybody is concerned about DV but before that it was mentioned but wasn't like this. Most people don't care about none of this stuff like they front on camera. Truth is people mainly care about themselves and those close to them and that's it for the most part. They front on camera to look good and or be on the right side of history. Everybody is fronting imo because I don't have to grandstand like I care more than others about certain things like Dv, child abuse, etc because unless you're a psycho it's already understood that isn't cool

ghst187

Reaction score
IMO. Goodell has dug his own grave, killed his golden goose, (insert metaphor)
He didn't have to come down on Zeke, the public was done with it, he could've let it fade when they realized there was no evidence and the accuser was scum, which was the first ten minutes of the investigation. But Goodell went out of his way, worked overtime, drug out a fake investigation for a year just so he could drop a hammer on a young kid. Goodell also has the terrifying issue of race working against him in a huge way considering he is white and he just let another white guy off who admitted guilt with only one game. Now this!?! Is Goodell ******** or does he want to get fired? If Zeke misses anytime and he and th NFLPA get nasty, which looks like they will, Goodell doesn't have a prayer of looking like anything but a cruel, spiteful, racist.
If anything is detrimental to the leagues image it's been Goodell and this faux investigation and suspension.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea what this means. I just know domestic violence is a real problem and an epidemic when Weapons are involved.

I am talking about a corporate culture where the only common interest amongst most board members is money while ethics and such are thrown out the window.

I assumed that is what you meant when you said that no one cares. When you look at the population at large, all kinds of people care enough to not turn a blind eye.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am talking about a corporate culture where the only common interest amongst most board members is money while ethics and such are thrown out the window.

I assumed that is what you meant when you said that no one cares. When you look at the population at large, all kinds of people care enough to not turn a blind eye.

ok I get it and agree.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
IMO. Goodell has dug his own grave, killed his golden goose, (insert metaphor)
He didn't have to come down on Zeke, the public was done with it, he could've let it fade when they realized there was no evidence and the accuser was scum, which was the first ten minutes of the investigation. But Goodell went out of his way, worked overtime, drug out a fake investigation for a year just so he could drop a hammer on a young kid. Goodell also has the terrifying issue of race working against him in a huge way considering he is white and he just let another white guy off who admitted guilt with only one game. Now this!?! Is Goodell ******** or does he want to get fired? If Zeke misses anytime and he and th NFLPA get nasty, which looks like they will, Goodell doesn't have a prayer of looking like anything but a cruel, spiteful, racist.
If anything is detrimental to the leagues image it's been Goodell and this faux investigation and suspension.

Not that I'm a fan of Roger at all, but maybe Friel threatened him (being the Giants fan she is) saying if he dropped this case, she would go public and say how soft Roger is on DV? Just another interesting theory.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Not that I'm a fan of Roger at all, but maybe Friel threatened him (being the Giants fan she is) saying if he dropped this case, she would go public and say how soft Roger is on DV? Just another interesting theory.
We all know that already. lol

mahoneybill

Reaction score
ding ding ding

In my somewhat limited but not non-existent interaction with people making that kind of money, I've learned two truths:

1. Once you achieve that level of income, your goal in life is to maintain that level of income at all costs.
2. You become very, very good at convincing others you care about other things besides the money. In fact, the higher the income, the better you become at fooling the world that you care about them.

You have aptly described our politicians to a tee.....